Problems with the forum ? Ask here !

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

Blueheronz

Post by Blueheronz » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:38 am

When is one allowed an avatar, and how does it work? Which images are we able to choose from? I have a lot of luinielle's beautiful icons from LJ and would love to use one -- or wizzicons' stuff.
Govi
Sean's Celestial Angel No 1

Post by Govi » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:10 am

Blueheronz, see the topic called avatars & icons in this First Aid thread .

This is the link :

http://forum.themightybean.net/viewtopic.php?t=11
Macpy
Bean's Mac

Post by Macpy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:11 am

Have a look here, its in this First Aid section as well:
Govi wrote:For posting Icons and avatars you'll need a Photobucket account : please see the topic on top of this thread : Posting pics at the Forum.

From the gallery on the forum you can pick avatars & icons, or make one yourself. Load them in your PB and use them as your avatar on this forum in this way:

Go to my Profile, scroll down to : Link to off-site Avatar and enter the URL of the location containing the Avatar image you wish to link to. The url is always that one starting with http

Size : please don't exceed the size of 120 by 120 or you'll force people to scroll the page every time you post something. That can be very annoying so please keep them below this size. If you don't know how to downsize use Irfanview : it's a free download and perfectly save you'll find the link in first Aid too !
It would be nice and its usual to give some credit to the artist of the icons, same as with the signature banner.
Blueheronz

Post by Blueheronz » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:44 pm

Thanks! I will take a look. This Forum has amazing art everywhere I look :-D