Echoes of Echoes

Fan Fiction about Sean, non 18+

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

sharpshooter1
Bean VIP

Echoes of Echoes

Post by sharpshooter1 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:44 am

Ficlet, LoTR - no don't own them no matter how hard I wish, just day dreaming in Tolkien's world.
Dedicated to CM.
Echoes of Echoes

By the time we arrived at Carmarthen it was nearly midnight. As we took the road to climb up into the hills a grey mist surrounded us and the car very slowly edged its way forward and upwards.

“The breath of the dragon, ” weakly joked my son as he steered and stared into the mist.

Much later that night, I slept and dreamt of Arthur, his knights and Merlin the Hawk. I have a theory that Wales was once Arthur’s home; his very name comes from the Welsh for bear. I believe that somewhere in those hills lies Camelot and that Arthur and his knights sleep there awaiting Britain’s call. Imprisoned in his cave, lit by the light of enchanted crystals, Merlin dreams and thinks upon the doings of men.

Later that morning, I drove the car out into the hills and went for a walk in the sunshine. To sit and watch the hawks sweeping across the sky as they hunted; no sound but the breeze, a view of the valley and hills that soothed the soul. I think I must have fallen asleep, I think I must have been dreaming in the sunshine.

I looked at the tallest hill across the valley bathed in fierce morning sunlight. I could see riders in shining armour mounted on heavy steeds; they carried pennants that streamed out behind them as they thundered up the valley towards the golden sunlit hill.

From across the valley I heard the clear ringing of silver trumpets and the tower guard take up the call ‘The lords of Gondor have returned’ and I heard, as if from the voices of vast crowd a great roaring cheer ‘Welcome home Boromir and Aragon’

I think I must have fallen asleep, I think I must have been dreaming in the sunshine.
Czechmade
Bean VIP

Post by Czechmade » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:12 pm

Beautiful ... thank you, dear Sharps. :flower:
Way2prickly
Bean VIP

Post by Way2prickly » Mon May 16, 2011 10:21 am

I like this one, too!
Moominmamma
Viggo's Celestial Angel No 1

Post by Moominmamma » Mon May 16, 2011 5:33 pm

This is another beautiful little piece I missed, when it was posted. I don't know how that happened, but so pleased to have caught up now! :-D
sharpshooter1
Bean VIP

Post by sharpshooter1 » Mon May 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Thank you I get so much joy from writing these stories and to learn they please others is joy beyond compare.
Hugs :-D