Sharpe Books

Discuss the books here !

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

Govi
Sean's Celestial Angel No 1

Sharpe Books

Post by Govi » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:16 pm

Discussion thread for the books and related stuff. hklettuce06's idea !
Macpy
Bean's Mac

Post by Macpy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:23 pm

Fantastic idea! I am a great lover of books in general and of course of the Sharpe books , too!!! :runaround:
hklettuce06
Bean VIP

Post by hklettuce06 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:01 pm

Carol - Thanks so much for this.

Since I suggested it,I'll try to start it off by talking about one of my favorite of the books.

I recently read again "Sharpe's Prey" which takes the young Richard Sharpe from home in England after India, to Denmark in 1807.

I love the book because, like many of the Sharpe books, it introduced me to a historical event I knew nothing about and peaked my curiosity to find out more. It also introduces he 95th Rifles, Harper, and some of the Chosen Men, and gives a taste of Sharpe's future. (Though the book itself was written 2001 after the Peninsular War books). We also get a glimpse of Sharpe's life as a child and his sordid past.

Though the physical Richard Sharpe in the book (dark hair, etc.) is not the same as Sean's Sharpe, you can also see where Bernard Cornwell has tweaked the Sharpe story to be more like the TV series.

So, anyone else have a favorite Sharpe book?
Macpy
Bean's Mac

Post by Macpy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:13 pm

I read them all....but its been a while and I cant remember having a favourite one...maybe if I start reading them again I could tell! :roll:
silverbuttons

Post by silverbuttons » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:23 pm

I love Prey! Trafalgar is my fave though. Not surprising since I'm into Ships though. Prey, Traf and Devil. Love 'em. I've read all of the books!

Great idea having a Sharpe book discussion board! :bow:
Govi
Sean's Celestial Angel No 1

Post by Govi » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:21 am

Please make new topics on every other book to avoid making one very long thread !

abighugs_gif