Reanna
Been Adult

Post by Reanna » Fri May 24, 2013 5:04 pm

YES !!! if only we could get ONE more movie !!!!!!!! :shots:
MysteryRose
Been Adult

Post by MysteryRose » Fri May 24, 2013 6:30 pm

Oh yes, please!!!! :bow:
I heard Sean in an interview saying he would love to have a Sharpe movie!
Shieldmaiden
Bean Teen

Post by Shieldmaiden » Sat May 25, 2013 7:12 pm

I love historical fiction and, for me, the Sharpe series are excellent. If you're going to read them, I would suggest you read them in sequence as they're are based on Wellington's campaigns in Portugal, Spain and France.

Whilst the battle sequences can be graphic, they are interesting as they accurately portray the brutality of military battles of the period.

My personal favourite book is Sharpe's Trafalgar as it combines Sharpe and one of the great naval battles of all time; an irresistible combination for me.
[center]Image[/center]
MysteryRose
Been Adult

Post by MysteryRose » Mon May 27, 2013 9:35 am

I'm searching for the first Sharpe book (Sharpe's Tiger) but there seems to be different book covers. And on Ebay, I'm not sure to get the one I want: the cover with Sean on the front.
Does this one actually exists? Or is this only a stock image and there is no cover with Sean on the front????
Please help! :bow:
Thanks!
mjcd1951
Bean VIP

Post by mjcd1951 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:20 am

To my knowledge the books do not have Sean on the cover until later in the series. You will want to start with Sharpe's Tiger with Sean in your mind's eye. The ITV series does not begin in India with Sharpe's Tiger. That's all I know. JOY :-D :-D :-D

Sigpic made by Govi
MysteryRose
Been Adult

Post by MysteryRose » Mon May 27, 2013 11:33 am

Yes, I know the series don't have the same order as the books, but as I was searching on Ebay for Sharpe's Tiger, some of them had Sean on the cover, but it says it's a Stock photo as well, so I'm not sure the book really has this cover.
But none of "Sharpe's Tiger" has Sean on the cover then??? :cry:
Reanna
Been Adult

Post by Reanna » Tue May 28, 2013 7:30 pm

I have a theory .... Books come out with a first edition, 2nd/ 3rd edition etc. which are reprints of the 1st edition.
I think when the 1st editions of the earlier books came out they all had that bland soldiers on the cover. Later on with 2nd and 3rd edition reprints and new novels, Sean started appearing on the covers, because I have seen novels of the same name with both covers :dunno:
MysteryRose
Been Adult

Post by MysteryRose » Wed May 29, 2013 5:58 am

I know what you mean.
I've seen Sharpe's Tiger with 3 different covers. Only when I check Ebay for the ones with Sean on the cover, it says "Stock Image" and I've asked 1 seller who had that image, he said the book did not have Sean on the cover...

Look at this one for instance:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sharpe-Series ... 9888669%26

I WANT that cover, but I'm not even sure it exists!!!!
MysteryRose
Been Adult

Post by MysteryRose » Wed May 29, 2013 12:35 pm

YAY!
I just got the confirmation of another seller, that the cover is with Sean Bean!!! HAPPY!!!
Of course I just placed the order!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Reanna
Been Adult

Post by Reanna » Wed May 29, 2013 6:13 pm

MysteryRose wrote:YAY!
I just got the confirmation of another seller, that the cover is with Sean Bean!!! HAPPY!!!
Oh that cover - no not seen that one on the books here. If I just knew how to attach pictures on a post I could have shown you what ours look like. :roll:
If you get stuck with a book that you really want, give me a shout and I will have a look if I can get it at a bookstore here close to me. They stock racks of Bernard Cornwell and the Sharpe books. And at bargain prices :-D
MysteryRose
Been Adult

Post by MysteryRose » Wed May 29, 2013 6:18 pm

Reanna wrote:
MysteryRose wrote:YAY!
Oh that cover - no not seen that one on the books here. If I just knew how to attach pictures on a post I could have shown you what ours look like. :roll:
If you get stuck with a book that you really want, give me a shout and I will have a look if I can get it at a bookstore here close to me. They stock racks of Bernard Cornwell and the Sharpe books. And at bargain prices :-D
Don't worry, I've seen the other covers on Ebay too.
I'm so happy I've found this one, with the perfect cover - at a bargain price too :cheer:
I'm trying not to get too excited before I have it in my hands though!
MysteryRose
Been Adult

Post by MysteryRose » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Just received my first Sharpe book: Sharpe's Tiger, with SEAN on the cover!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
gmcw
Bean VIP

Post by gmcw » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:42 am

The stories in the books are a bit different than in the shows. Sharpe's Gold is RADICALLY DIFFERENT, but the plot is a lot better, too.

I'm glad you got the Sean cover on Sharpe's Tiger! :-D He's on the cover of at least one other of the India Trilogy, perhaps on all 3.

I got a 10 volume set "Rifles" through "Waterloo" each with a different picture on the cover. VERY NICE!!
mjcd1951
Bean VIP

Post by mjcd1951 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:01 pm

I just had another thought on Sharpe's Tiger. Sean Bean reads the book and if I am correct it is on this website somewhere. I listened to it the other day in the van. It is awesome to hear him read the story. He reads the last book, Sharpe's Devil, as well. Just a thought! JOY :-D :-D :-D

Sigpic made by Govi
gmcw
Bean VIP

Post by gmcw » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Yes, Sean has done tapes on both Tiger and Devil. I bought both of them on Ebay before I found TMB. They are abridged versions of both novels, but hey! Better an abridged version in his lovely voice than nothing at all! :lol: