March Madness

Talk about your favorite sport here !

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

Connied
Bean Adolescent

March Madness

Post by Connied » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:13 pm

My four college basketball teams were knocked out the first week. I went to talk to the gym teacher about who was left. I'm in the final four! I picked up Wisconsin. They play Kentucky tonight. Wish me luck :cheer:
OicorZ
Bean Mistress

Post by OicorZ » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:51 am

Good luck Connied! :highfive: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
noiram73
Bean Mistress

Post by noiram73 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:00 pm

I keep my fingers crossed for you! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Thanks to Isabel and Govi for my avatar.
Connied
Bean Adolescent

Post by Connied » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:07 pm

I goofed. :shock: Game not till next week Will keep you updated
Connied
Bean Adolescent

Post by Connied » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Last night, my team (Wisconsin) beat Kentucky! Final game is Monday.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
OicorZ
Bean Mistress

Post by OicorZ » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:58 am

Wish you luck! hope you win today too!
come on! u can! :axe: Image Image
Connied
Bean Adolescent

Post by Connied » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:16 am

Wisconsin lost. They were leading. But they were sloppy. Too many "3 pointers" (a shot outside the line) didn't go in and Duke was able to get the ball and score, Duke's coach has won more NCAA championships then any other college coaches. But on a 25.00 entry fee, I think I get over 100 dollars.
Now America has baseball fever. Not a Yankee fan. I married to a Boston Red Sox fan. I like the team. Especially "Big Papi" He's from the Dominican Republic.
Take care,
Connie
morvgal58

Post by morvgal58 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:08 pm

Sorry your team lost, Connie, though I have to admit I don't understand what you are talking about! Football (soccer) is the only game I understand. BUT I do have a Boston Red Sox T-shirt. My nephews in New York stopped speaking to me when I said that baseball was just rounders, and played by little girls in England - I wonder why they did that???
Connied
Bean Adolescent

Post by Connied » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:05 am

Are they Yankee fans? They are a very special breed. Yankees have won over 27 World Series. The fans show no mercy most of the time to Met fans(the other NY baseball team) or Sox fans. I say be passionate about your team, but with all the horrible craziness in the world, Chill. What about soccer rivalries?
morvgal58

Post by morvgal58 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:45 pm

Soccer rivalries? No such thing.......HAH! I was at an Arsenal game once, where 'our' fans had to be separated from those of the other team (Spurs) by a thick line of mounted policemen. And as for Sheffield - United -v- Wednesday - its WAR out there.
OicorZ
Bean Mistress

Post by OicorZ » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:09 pm

Connied wrote:Are they Yankee fans? They are a very special breed. Yankees have won over 27 World Series. The fans show no mercy most of the time to Met fans(the other NY baseball team) or Sox fans. I say be passionate about your team, but with all the horrible craziness in the world, Chill. What about soccer rivalries?
Well here in Spain have much much rivalry between the soccer teams. My teams are Real Madrid and Rayo Vallecano (the last one is the team of the neighborhood where I grew up, Vallecas, and is in first division also)

Everyone hate Real Madrid (except Rayo Vallecano because half are Also fans of Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid)they hate us because we are the most distinguished club of Spain .... :lol: :lol: that sounded very Pro prepotent :lol: :lol: .... but it's true! 10 European Cups, world champions of club, 32 leagues ... etc. Besides having the best player in the world (Raúl González Blanco) and the world's best goalkeeper Iker Casillas !! We hate FC Barcelona and Atletico Madrid above all things!

My Rayo Vallecano on the contrary, is a very modest and humble team, on a low budget, halfway always between second division and first division although lately is proving to be a brave club that plays very well and has put in serious troubles to teams with much budget (in fact, on Monday subjected to Real Madrid in the first half and is supposed to have 10 times more budget than Rayo) so very proud of my team !!

Overall I like all sports, but I played in soccer female teams since school to the university and i love it to much. I also played basketball becouse i height 180 cm tall (5 feet 11 inches)... but not the same, i prefer soccer. ;-)
morvgal58

Post by morvgal58 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:16 pm

Wow, Dew, you are the same height as Sean and Ashley! Did you grow up eating Chip Butties as well?
Connied
Bean Adolescent

Post by Connied » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:13 pm

The Yankees and Red Sox are playing 3 games series in New York. The Red Sox won last night after 19 innings! Fans started watching at 7:00pm including my husband. Game ending at 2:00 in the morning.
Second game is now.(1:00pm)
OicorZ
Bean Mistress

Post by OicorZ » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:09 pm

morvgal58 wrote:Wow, Dew, you are the same height as Sean and Ashley! Did you grow up eating Chip Butties as well?
hahaha, not Chip Butties! something like that, in the Burger King i used to put the potatoes into the burger and not separated as did the rest of the people in Spain! Here are not very typical the Chip Butties! More similar are Tortilla de Patata sandwich (potatoes omelette) :lol: :lol:
Connied wrote:The Yankees and Red Sox are playing 3 games series in New York. The Red Sox won last night after 19 innings! Fans started watching at 7:00pm including my husband. Game ending at 2:00 in the morning.
Second game is now.(1:00pm)

Red Sox finally won Yankees! After the game of yesterday seems Red Sox were in better physical condition than the Yankees, right? I have not seen the game, but you've made me curious to see what happened Connied! So Congratulations!! :congrats:
Connied
Bean Adolescent

Post by Connied » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:02 am

Did it again this year. I'm in the final four in College Basketball. My team is North Carolina...They are favorite to win but the point spread is 10 points. If they don't win by 10, then the other person inherits my guys.