Govi's Diary -updated 07/07

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice

Macpy
Bean's Mac

Post by Macpy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:38 am

Nooooo we didnt get lost on our way to Meadow Hall...we just had choosen the scenic routes....and Moon thought to show us more than we bargained for when we set out to Sheffield! :whistle:

Oh yes, the singing was nice, you could hear us through the whole University! :lol:
kittylass
Been Adult

Post by kittylass » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:38 am

:lol: :lol:

I am so enjoying reading about your days there. Thank you for writing it up :-D
debbiej

Post by debbiej » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:41 pm

Both Moon and Roslin were excellent chauffers and it became part of the daily routine taking little scenic detours around the city centre.

But I do agree with Moon - someone needs to have a word with Sean about the signposts (or lack thereof) :lol:

Oh and I bought a pair of sandals at Meadowhall.

D
Macpy
Bean's Mac

Post by Macpy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:01 pm

Oh yeah! Your sandals are so much you, Debbie, I love them! abighugs_gif

Shall I tell them that I bought three watches? :roll: No, not all for me, only one...a very shiny and sparkly one for myself of course! ;-)

:agree: Moon and Roslin, best driver in the city!!!! I felt very secure in Moons car, only the circles/roundabouts on the main street made me dizzy...its hard enough to cope with them in Germany but driving on the other side of the road speeding through circles really got me! :lol:

Just kidding, I was fine but glad that I didnt have to do the driving, only map reading! And NO we didnt get lost because of my map reading, I resent that...just in case anybody wants to mention that...DONT! :lol:
debbiej

Post by debbiej » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:11 pm

Yes Macpy - thank you for helping me chose the sandals abighugs_gif

Your sparkly watch was perfect for you too :lol:

And I think you did a grand job map-reading dear - as did Brandy in Roslin's car.

:lol:

D
Govi
Sean's Celestial Angel No 1

Post by Govi » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:16 pm

I hate to disturb the kissarse going on :lol: , but it was actuually me on Wednesday reading map and getting sick :-D

Macpy took over on Thursday...

But I insist, it was Sheffield's fault, not mine, and Moonlustie said she would write to Sean to complain and ask him to do something about it ! :evil:
Roslin
BeanToddler

Post by Roslin » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:25 pm

I got lost in Meadowhall too :lol: :lol: - maybe it's an ancient Sheffield tradition to confuse incomers! :dunno: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
knitty

Post by knitty » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:33 pm

Hi,

oooh how do I envy you. It sounds like you had much fun.

knitty
Macpy
Bean's Mac

Post by Macpy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:45 pm

Govi wrote:I hate to disturb the kissarse going on :lol: , but it was actuually me on Wednesday reading map and getting sick :-D

Macpy took over on Thursday...

But I insist, it was Sheffield's fault, not mine, and Moonlustie said she would write to Sean to complain and ask him to do something about it ! :evil:
:neenee:

Sorry for already talking about Thursday, Boss! :roll:
Tanserke
Bean Mistress

Post by Tanserke » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Oh ! THANK YOU GOVI !Sorry I tell it in French : Fantastique, merveilleux, extraordinaire !
It's so kind of you to tell us all your journey :congrats: :score: :adore: :yay:
I'm so glad for you and your team :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
dialogos
Been Adult

Post by dialogos » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:00 pm

Am enjoying hearing about your trip.
Am not seeing any pictures?
How do I access those?
Where is FYEO??

:cry:
Govi
Sean's Celestial Angel No 1

Post by Govi » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:02 pm

Dialogos, I will pm you !
annbax
Sean's Guardian

Post by annbax » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:18 pm

Roslin wrote:I got lost in Meadowhall too :lol: :lol: - maybe it's an ancient Sheffield tradition to confuse incomers! :dunno: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Don't forget even the Smart car was confused getting back from Meadowhall :agree: :agree: What made it worse for us is that Mooms and I are both Yorkshire lasses, although from West Yorkshire. That also makes us incomers! :thankyou: :runaway:
moonlustie
Wardrobe Mistress
Location: UK - thanks to dienw & namarie120 on LJ for the avatar

Post by moonlustie » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:49 pm

Now lets get this getting lost/map reading thing clear ... IT WAS NOT ANYONE'S FAULT (sorry for shouting) .... it was stupid Google Earth :evil: who tried to take us through the middle of the town when what we needed to do was go on the ring road :roll: .

I discovered when I went the other way on the ring road to go home, there were quite a few signs to Meadowhall ... oh well, next time I will know :-D
Hugs

Sue

Macpy
Bean's Mac

Post by Macpy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:11 pm

Oh but we had so much fun taking the scenic roads! :lol:

:highfive: Next time we will have probably another different challenges to master! ;-)