Back to the index page

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Cricket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
annbax
Sean's Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Cricket Reply with quote
Like Sean I come from Yorkshire, and, just like him I am proud of our summer game of cricket. Both of us support one of the most successful first class county club in the world of cricket.
The current captain of England, Michael Vaughan was raised in the city of Sheffield and plays for Yorkshire along with one of the world's leading fast bowlers, Matthew Hoggard.
If it is a game which puzzles you and you would like to know more.Just leave me a message.

Anne
ankadel
Gamekeeper's Lady

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm a cricket fan also - love one day matches AND tests. (Perhaps I shouldn't admit to the fact that as an Australian I support Australia - so that's definitely not something I'd have in common with Sean!)
Do you ever get to see cricket live, Anne?
Sean's Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes Ankadel I do watch as much live cricket as I can. I am a member of the Yorkshire County Cricket Club and attend one day and county games as often as possible. Usually, in this part of the world the problem is weather interrupted games. Until a 2006 your Darren Lehman played for us. His brother -in-law Craig White, former England all-rounder, still does.

Anne
Everbean1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI Anne...

I live in Massachusetts, USA and needless to say we don't get alot of televised Cricket Test and/or IDO matches here. I do keep an eye out for the ones that are and always watch. I'm a fan of England and watch Sky Sports on FSC and do my best to keep up with England and Yorkshire Cricket. Maybe you could give us a short match update for those of use less fortunate not to be able to watch the matches live.

Sammi
annbax
Sean's Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Congratulations to Paul Collingwood and the England team for winning their one day series against Sri Lanka.
The full tour is yet to come......
annbax
Sean's Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Picture the scene.. eleven white clad men on one team.. the fielding side.
The men of Nottinghamshire.. the ground Headingley in Yorkshire.. two Yorkshiremen batting in poor light.. when play is brought to a halt! Not for bad light, rain or even a naked streaker, but because an urban fox, decides to take a shortcut through the outfield of the cricket ground!
Yes it did really happen.. today at about 3.15pm BST.
I know because I was there!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Congratulations to England for retaining 'The Ashes' so convincingly in Australia.
But I am sad to see that Paul Collingwood has retired from the Test Match arena.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: