Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

Astrid Hagen

Post by Astrid Hagen » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:39 am

Pudge wrote: sorry....like the actor.....can't stand the man. :chair:
:agree: :lol:
Terry
Cold shower didn´t help!

Post by Terry » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:09 am

I saw the film on Saturday, and I enjoyed it very much. I didn't think it was as dour or serious as was characterized by the critics. While the accents of everyone from the North (except Mark Addy) were kind of all over the place, the origins of the popular legend were there: earthy "merry" men, feisty Marion, evil evil bearded Prince John, blustery macho King Richard, etc. I even liked the soundtrack.
The English countryside was gorgeous The battle scenes were at once exciting and realistic: dirty, bloody, heart-breaking, etc.
ImageImage
May2
Bean Adolescent

Post by May2 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Russell has calmed down quite a bit. He is a very devoted father.
GOCUBSGO
catgirl
Bean Adolescent

Post by catgirl » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:32 am

I'm glad that you enjoyed it Terry :) I thought it was okay, I agree about the battle scenes being very realistic.

The posters who said that they don't like Russel Crowe as a person, unfortunately I've never met him so I don't know him personally. I wish I had the luxury of being able to either like or dislike him personally, we share the same continent but the chance of me getting to know him are non-existant.
Gondor has no King, Gondor needs no King

Pudge
PhD with Honours in Bean Studies (Pics)

Post by Pudge » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:48 am

Sorry if you took offense to my saying I don't like him as a person. Maybe I should have worded my post differently. Lets say I don't care for him as a person based on what I've read in the news (not gossip or speculation but actual proven events) or seen via the media. I don't like people who can't control their behavior. There's such a thing as restraint and manners when it comes to treating people. Someone who curses someone out, uses humiliation, stomps off like a child, or uses physical aggression/contact isn't exactly the kind of person I look up to (or like) whether I know them personally or not.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[center]Image
[/center]
Astrid Hagen

Post by Astrid Hagen » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:49 am

Ditto. Not that our liking or disliking Russell Crowe personally is of any consequence anyway :lol: .

Btw. - what I said was concerning Crowe himself only and most certainly not Australians in general, which seem usually to be a very likeable bunch of people to me. Not to mention the fact, that I am an enormous fan of Australian cinema...
Lunar Kissed
BeanToddler

Post by Lunar Kissed » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:47 am

I could be in the minority, but I really liked this movie. Russell and Cate were great together, but I could be a little biased since I believe that Cate shines in anything she does. ;-) I loved how it was a take on before he was an outlaw. I remember watching a documentary on television that compared the history to what was portrayed in film, and I confess that I learned a lot but then again English history has never been my strong point and I never claimed it to be.

But I don't see how it can be seen as being 'Gladiator 2'.
The north wind may have heard the horn of the son of Denethor...