Back to the index page

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
A Game of Thrones Season Two
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> MOVIE & TELEVISION SHOWS DISCUSSION THREAD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MsTaken
BeanToddler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Game of Thrones Season 2 Reply with quote
Pudge,
I just posted something in Spoiler section re: Jon Snow's parents.
MsTaken
Pudge
PhD with Honours in Bean Studies (Pics)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks! Will head over there now. I have hardly been on here today and haven't really looked at the threads thoroughly.

marniemckay
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any comments on this last GOT episode? I am wavering on whether I am favoring this season Rolling Eyes I know I am prejudice concerning the Ned Stark character of last season...but I am not finding anything or anyone that stands out like Sean as Ned did. I do like Jon Snow...but we only get a snipet of his story over the Wall Rolling Eyes And as for Dany..seems they have changed her story quite alot Evil or Very Mad Alot seems different...Should I be posting comments here in this section or the spoiler section?
I always want to know what others think about this second season...who are following it...

Memories....Sean as Ned...cast a magic spell that cannot be dublicated with all these new season 2 characters....
Hugs..Marnie

Special Thanks to Govi for the fabulous sigpic
Terry
Cold shower didn´t help!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I loved last Sunday's episode. It seemed to go by so fast, and I wanted more. Especially more scenes with Arya and Tywin.
This week I got my wish, and was so nervous for her. Theon is turning into the contemptible, weak character from the books. Ugh!
Jon meeting Ygritte finally! Good stuff.
Was not happy with the Qarth scene---didn't like Dany whining to the Spice Merchant, for one. And, B) didn't like the end. I don't know why they had to change that story.
The King's Landing scenes were certainly harrowing, and well done. The Hound/Sansa "shippers" will certainly be a' buzzing over their interaction. Laughing I agree with one reviewer who remarked that Jack Gleeson's performance as Joffrey has been excellent.
Ned lives on in Robb and Bran. ::

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well this thread seems to have fallen behind with no latest updates or discussion on the remaining episodes (no blame....I didn't contribute either!) so I'll just post this fabulous blog link that I just found online. It's a summary of the last episode (finale) of season two and the season in general and thoughts on what's to come. Good stuff! Think I'll mark this site as a "Favorite".......

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/tv/game-of-thrones-review-valar-morghulis-episode2x10.php

Moominmamma
Viggo's Celestial Angel No 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the link, Pudge. You are right. We have not been keeping up with this thread. Embarassed

I thought that the final two chapters in Season 2 were excellent. The Battle of Blackwater in Chapter 9 was terrific and bits of that episode were reminiscent of Helm's Deep in The Two Towers.

The final episode did a great job of dealing with a number of plot threads and if not resolving them, setting things up for the next season. As always, Peter Dinklage was wonderful. Very Happy
mjcd1951
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the link, Pudge. I have been watching the 2nd year on HBO GO and found it more interesting than I thought I would. I have problems enjoying Peter Dinklage but he is beginning to grow on me. JOY Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sigpic made by Govi
marniemckay
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
and thank you so much Pudge for jerking my chain..on this thread of the second season of GOT. I tried for awhile...but no one seemed interested...I did print out the blog you provided the link to. My hubby and I found that very very good. I loved the last two episodes...especially the last one "Valar Morghulis" The last episode was 64 very full minutes...as that ep ended...I was dying for more...it doesn't seem fair to have to wait another year for the HBO version to continue.
Now without giving anything away....no character or actor...except for Charles Dance...as Tywin Lanister..has actually impressed me that much...like what happened to me last season with Sean as Lord Stark.However the way the HBO version has progressed...to me somewhat deverted from the book which is very detailed etc...I do favor Jon Snow's story beyond the Wall...and hungry for more. Then there is Dany, Mother of Dragons...my other fav...character now...Probably my favoriate images are of the wolves...and the little dragons...in this..
Yes, Pudge I hope some more comments are posted...on the second season...Thank you again for bringing it up.
Hugs..Marnie

Special Thanks to Govi for the fabulous sigpic
Pudge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unfortunately, without Sean in season 2, I think most ladies decided not to continue watching the series. Personally......I loved the series (Sean was icing on the cake) and couldn't wait till season 2 (and now 3!). The story and characters are fascinating! So glad I continued viewing.

Just depends on the topic and who is actively posting at the time that determines whether or not a thread gets a good discussion going. Also.....I've found over the years that most people just like to pop in and post a few words (not everybody is like us that have more time because we are retired! LOL!). What gets more discussion going are usually the topics where "gushing" is involved and/or ones that revolve around Sean. No Sean involved=not much discussion.

Cymbalom
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're right, Pudge --- for me at least. I was only in it for the Bean. Originally I was all excited about the series, but I totally fell in love with Ned, and when they killed him off, I lost all enthusiasm. I think that means y'all who still watch are more mature than I am. I'm kind of a Barbie, I confess. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Angie
Terry
Cold shower didn´t help!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been watching it, I just decided not to post as there didn't seem to be much interest here. I've been posting on Facebook mostly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't been on in ages (due to RL going completely mental), but I'm always up for a GOT discussion! Loved season 2 and can't wait for season 3. Peter Dinklage is absolutely fabulous in his role and if he doesn't take home the Emmy this year again, I'll be beyond surprised.
Pudge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Season 2 just won "Program of the Year" at the Television Critics Association Awards this evening! .......

http://www.eonline.com/news/333850/game-of-thrones-wins-big-with-tv-critics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> MOVIE & TELEVISION SHOWS DISCUSSION THREAD All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: