Czechmade
Bean VIP

Post by Czechmade » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:23 pm

:highfive: Go, Reanna and all Sharpe girls!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
[Image
Reanna
Been Adult

Post by Reanna » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Thx C - let's just hope i can get them going.... nevertheless i'll do another one.

Harper and Sharpe is sent to find Don Blas Vivar's body and ship it back to Spain. Harper's suggestion on how to transport the body is slightly onorthodox ...

Harpr : We could plop him in a vat of brandy ? (explaining how Nelson's body after the battle of Trafalgar was transported that way)
Sharpe : I don't want to put Don Blas in brandy he said irritably. He'll be half rotted out as it is, and if we put him in a cask of bloody liqour he''l like as not dissolve altogether, and instead of burying the poor man in Spain well just be pouring him away...
gillian
BeanToddler

Post by gillian » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:03 pm

From Sharpe's Revenge Sharpe and Frederickson discussing the man who married the "pig-faced woman":
"... it would be like going to bed with Sargeant Harper" Frederickson grimaced. Sharpe smiled, "You've never been tempted William?'
"By Sergeant Harper? Don't be impertinent."

Love this book, mostly because of the woman our Sharpe found in Normandy. The flm has some really nice passage too, the one about the door...