Sean's Dad, originally posted by Laurora

All about the man

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

rumplestiltskin
Bean Adolescent

Rugged and Fit at 76!!!

Post by rumplestiltskin » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:10 am

I read Sean's dad was a professional boxer and rugby player when he was in his 20's. I think Sean's rugged athleticism is inhierited from his dad who is still quite fit and trim, youthful and vigorous even in his senior years.

Since Sean's dad was a hard working welder his entire adult life, he must have always worked out on the job, just from the very nature of his work.

Sean's dad was born into very modest means financially - very blue collar and from nothing built up a metallurgy foundry/welding business which employed - at it's height about 100 people. I remember reading when Sean was in grammer school - they didn't have indoor plumbing until he was around 8 or 9 - they went to the toilet in an outdoor outhouse - they were so financially strapped - then the business Sean's dad started with his partner took off - and from that his dad bought a Rolls Royce and had net worth of more than a million pounds...........so you can see where Sean gets his phenomenal work ethic, physical stamina and verve.

I think if you pick a career that you really love with great passion, as Sean's father did - and also Sean - that in itself is an elixer which slows down the aging process and gives you plenty of zip, and pep in your step.

rumplestiltskin
mjcd1951
Bean VIP

Post by mjcd1951 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Nothing replaces a good work ethic. Thomas Edison said that genius is one part inspiration and 99 parts perspiration.
bratty1973
Bean Baby

Post by bratty1973 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:49 pm

wow some interesting facts about our seans' childhood i did not know...outhouse. not pleasant, but he has such a loving family :-D
BRATTY1973 <3