EURO Cup 2008

Talk about your favorite sport here !

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

soulmate

EURO Cup 2008

Post by soulmate » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:22 am

As 2008 will be a fun year with lots of soccer parties, public viewings, celebrations, beers & Co, I start the thread by now.
My wish for the final: Germany vs. Greece (and I don´t care who wins - there will be partying anyway cause the Munich-people are very grecophil :-)

EURO 2008 FINALS NATIONS
Poland, Portugal, Italy, France, Greece, Turkey, Czech Republic, Germany, Croatia, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Romania, the Netherlands and the joint hosts Austria and Switzerland.

Defending Champions: Greece

Soulmate
Macpy
Bean's Mac

Post by Macpy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:33 am

World Cup and Euro are the only games of soccer watch, not much interested in the rest of the Bundesliga but it will be fun watching nations playing agains nations. Although I think it wont be as big as last year when we had the WM in Germany! :roll:
soulmate

Post by soulmate » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:45 am

We will make it big!!! ;-))
Of course it is not the same as it doesn´t take place here - I loved the worldcup games in Munich - have never seen so many nations and crazy people, dancing on the seats in the metro-trains and everywhere, in my whole life - and party everywhere, in all streets, bars, restaurants and homes. Loved it!
Anyway - am ready to support my fav. teams and have all equipment like shirts and whistles and colours for the face-stripes and everything :-)
And I can´t wait Seanatas posts in that time :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soulmate
Macpy
Bean's Mac

Post by Macpy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:13 am

Ok, lets make it big! ;-) Will get my little German flag out again! :cheer:
soulmate

Post by soulmate » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:41 pm

lol - it´s really fun to start with the whole flag-and-colours-thing when you are older - nearly my whole life it was politically total incorrect to show flag - every thinking being would have yelled "oh my god she must be right-winged". And since last year it´s suddenly correct, allowed, and even fancy - nice thing :-)))
Feels still a bit strange though, I must agree! But this is a beautiful country with a lot of open and warmhearted people, lots of culture, history, good products, nature and landscapes, and we must learn to show off a bit :lol: And soon we can even offer a great movie with one of the best actors in the world, partly "made in Germany" :runaround:
Soulmate