All about the man

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

diedye
Resident Schizoid

Sean Bean's daughter works in a pub?...

Post by diedye » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Boy, am I out of the loop...
Showbiz royalty head for the new Prince of Wales

A NEW-LOOK Kentish Town pub raised £10,000 for a breast cancer charity by hosting a showbiz party.

The recent event, to celebrate model and designer Sadie Frost’s birthday, proved a positive start for a dynamic duo finding their feet in their first business venture together as co-owners of the refurbished Prince of Wales pub.

Marco Smith is known as “Marco Koko” after spending the past four years working at Koko nightclub in Camden Town and was responsible for booking Madonna’s appearance at the venue, while Marc Hayward is a successful music video director and a sports satellite channel boss.

And almost all of the borough’s famous faces have popped by to say hello. Oasis stars Noel and Liam Gallagher have been in, actor Sean Bean’s daughter is a member of the bar staff, and David Walliams is known to enjoy a tipple there.

But Mr Hayward insisted: “We don’t believe in ringing people and saying ‘this person is in the pub, bring the paparazzi’.
“We’re not a skinny jeans type of place. I like to walk into a pub, put a few tunes on the jukebox and play darts and snooker.”
http://www.thecnj.co.uk/camden/2008/082 ... 08_13.html
sparkedbylore
Bean Adolescent

Post by sparkedbylore » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:08 pm

Oh, thanks for this. It's somewhat awkward making your way with famous, or even locally well-known, parents. None of these articles are ever all that informative. Ultimately, I don't mind as it is NONE of my business. But, that someone is doing something interesting is always, regardless of who they may be, good news to me.
Terri
Been Adult

Post by Terri » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:24 pm

That's interesting. Thanks!
solange

Lorna's Job in a Pub

Post by solange » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:30 am

There is a quote from the person who runs the pub "This is not a skinny jeans type of place" - I am American and don't know what the person who was quoted was referring to - what is that slang "skinny jeans place"? In the USA all a pair of skinny jeans means is that the person has thin legs. In the UK "skinny jeans" must be some kind of slang?

Please advise if you know what this slang means.

BTW - I remember Sean spent a small fortune sending Lorna to a posh expensive school to be privately educated in a VERY ritzy school as a child and teenager. Has Lorna gone to college? She absolutely has the right to do whatever she feels inspired to do with her life - but I figured after having such a posh, expensive education and a child and teenager, she would go on to a university - and not be working in a bar.

But this actually shows Lorna has a strong work ethic, and even working as a waitress in a bar is something she is willing to roll up her sleeves and do. Lorna sounds very level headed - and not at all like so many bratty kids of multi-millionaire movie stars who wind up spoiled rotten.

Lorna has an excellent work ethic and I'm glad to see she is earning her own living and not lmooching off some trust fund and her father's money. She seems like a very well bred young woman with a good head on her shoulders. What a refreshing, sweet relief to see how well adjusted Lorna is, after seeing the antics of spoiled rich kids with famous parents!

Solange
Govi
Sean's Celestial Angel No 1

Post by Govi » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:52 am

I let the link stay, even though I wasn't happy with it, because no one seemed too interested. Please, as stated in the rules, let's not discuss Sean's daughters. They are not celebs, and their life is their own. It's no business of ours really, I think.

I will lock this post, and let that be the end of it. No offense, and I hope everybody understands.

abighugs_gif