Back to the index page

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Review Copy From Cornwell?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> SHARPE'S BOOKS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kristin724
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Review Copy From Cornwell? Reply with quote
Hey gang. I got this email after I posted my Sharpe Book reviews at Amazon. Kind of unusual, I think.

Dear Reader,

I’m writing to you with exciting news. Bernard Cornwell’s latest book AGINCOURT hits stores in the US on January 20th. Never before has an author and novel’s subject been perfectly matched than in this thrilling new novel. One of the most dramatic victories in British history, the battle of Agincourt—immortalized by Shakespeare in Henry V—pitted undermanned and overwhelmed English forces against a French army determined to keep their crown out of Henry's hands. Here Bernard Cornwell resurrects the legend of the battle and the "band of brothers" who fought it on October 25, 1415.

You’ve reviewed previous Cornwell books on your blog or have a website devoted to this time period, so I would love to offer you a free advance reader’s edition of AGINCOURT. If you are interested please reply to this email with your mailing address. In the meantime, please click HERE for more information on AGINCOURT.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kevin Callahan

Associate Director of Marketing

Harper

10 East 53rd Street

New York, NY 10022

I'm not interested in Argincourt at this time. I still have The Archer's Tale for when I'm done Sharpe. IF anybody thinks this is legit and wants to try for the copy, pm me.

kristin724
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had a taker. So we'll see if this is legit soon enough!

amelia
Been Adult

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It probably is legit. I worked for a bookstore chain for years and the publishers used to send advanced readers copies all the time. That's how I read Cornwell for the first time, free books. I don't miss working there but i sure miss the advanced readers copies.
kristin724
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Me too amelia.

We just had an arc bin in the break room that we could pick and choice from. Sometimes in my second hand hunts I also find books that are marked arc.

I imagine back in the day bookstores and the big newspaper review sections were the ones who got the call though. It's certainly possible that publishers are now turning to internet sources for word of mouth. It was just a little freaky to post a Cornwell review on amazon and than bam!

The independent bookstores and review pages are now an endangered species!

Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> SHARPE'S BOOKS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: