Sheffield United FC

Talk about your favorite sport here !

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

kerrylass

Post by kerrylass » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:34 pm

It was just reported on Sky Sports News which is broadcast on the Fox Doccor Channel, that Sean is stepping down as a director of Sheffield United, The way it is worded I can't tell if this was his idea or the board of directors. Has there been anything in the English papers?
Bobbii
farrell1009
Been Adult

Post by farrell1009 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:51 pm

Yes, Kerrylass, here's a link but it's not as bad as it sounds. Our boy Sean is just going back to his roots. God love him! :-D
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/Sea ... 3576577.jp
Everbean1

Post by Everbean1 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:32 pm

Blades 1:0 Barnsley

We won! We were on good form and ran the full length of the pitch for the full 90 minutes. We played smart ball and worked as a team. Killa scored and that was great to see! The fans were loud and spirited - no one is as good as our 12th man! I'm one happy Blade!!!!!! If we can keep this quality of form and build on it we will be in contention for promotion. We are 12th on the table with 30 points. Only 5 points out of the playoffs. Next Saturday we are away at Cardiff City who are 16th on the table with 26 points...a club that should never be underestimated. This could be Gary Cahill's last match as a Blade...he's been very good for the defense and will be missed. COYRAWW!!!!!

UTB!
Sam
farrell1009
Been Adult

Post by farrell1009 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:02 pm

:highfive: :runaround: :highfive: :runaround: :highfive: :runaround: :highfive: :runaround: :highfive: :runaround: :highfive:

Thanks for the FANTASTIC report Everbean! I'm charged just reading about the victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wha-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D
Everbean1

Post by Everbean1 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:12 pm

Everbean1

Post by Everbean1 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:44 pm

Cardiff City 1:0 Blades

Another sad display of how not to play football. The defense is weakened without Cahill. Captain Morgan took his place on the pitch and his lack of playing time showed. He hurt his ankle 8 minutes into the second half and was replaced by Lucky. Unfortunately, Lucky's lack of playing time showed as well. The midfield was dire, and that's being nice. Beattie's play was weak...just stood there waiting for the ball to come to him...little to no effort...sad really. The 4 million pound man wasn't worth 4 pounds today. Hulse made his first CCC appearance and wasn't up to the quality of form before he fractured his leg, but it was great to see him on the pitch again...he'll come up to speed quickly. On the bright side - the score could have easily been 3:0 if it wasn't for 2 brilliant saves by Paddy. My vote for man of the match! We are 14th on the table at 30 points and 8 spots out of the playoffs. Man, I hate going backwards! Next match is Wednesday the 26 against Blackpool who currently sit 17th on the table. We have played Blackpool this season already to a 2:2 draw.

GREAT NEWS !!!!!!

Gary Speed is coming to the Blades! The Bolton Wanderers have agreed to a loan deal with the Blades that will bring the 38 year old center midfielder on loan the first of January that may become permanent. Finally, an experienced midfielder! His first appearence as a Blade should be against the Wolves on, 1 Jan 2008. I have every confidence that he will bring quality and strength to our midfield!

COYRAWW!!!

UTB!!!
Sam
Petite-Madame
Bean Teen

Post by Petite-Madame » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:23 am

Everbean1 wrote:Next match is Wednesday the 26 against Blackpool who currently sit 17th on the table. We have played Blackpool this season already to a 2:2 draw.
Hope they will win this time...Bryan Robson knows that the supporters won't stand another defeat particularly with that way of playing football (if we can call that playing...)
However, thats' not the fixture I'm most looking forward to. I wait impatiently for january 19th : The Blades will play the Owls in a local derby. That kind of game is always interesting particularly when you know the history of the two clubs.... If they lose that one, that will be really bad for the moral...
Everbean1

Post by Everbean1 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:07 pm

Blades 1:1 Blackpool
Blades 0:1 Crystal Palace

I have nothing good to say about either of these matches. We were a poor side. People keep saying we're better than this...but we are right were we should be given our lack of quality and industry. There is no spark...no giv'em hell attitude. But I will never understand how a true Blade can sing the praises of the visiting gaffer (Neil Warnock) and boo and shout 'Robson out' for our own gaffer...disgraceful! I'm looking forward to seeing what Speed brings to the table on 1st January. Hulse was looking better and Sharp was spot on, but it takes the entire team to win...what a let down. We are 16th on the table with 31 points and 10 places out of the playoffs.

UTB!
Sam
Everbean1

Post by Everbean1 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:40 pm

Wolves 0:0 Blades

Speed did well for his first match as a Blade. Hulse is getting better each match...the Wolves were all over him and he still had a chance or two....both wide of the mark. Kenny did his usual outstanding job as keeper...although he really wasn't all that tested today. Bromby worked good with Killer as well. But over all - no pace, pride or passion...the match was boring. We are still 16th on the table with 32 points. We are 6 spots out of the relegation zone. Our next league match is at home against QPR on 12 January. We have an FA Cup match away at Bolton on 5 January.

UTB!!!!!
Sam
farrell1009
Been Adult

Post by farrell1009 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:16 pm

:thanksies:
Sam,
Forgive my absence of late, I've been getting over being sick but now I am catching up on things I missed. Again, thank you so much for keeping us up to speed on how the Blades are doing. Reading your commentary I feel as if you were there in person.
I'm not wholly knowledgeable on English football but Paddy Kenny seems like an extremely competent keeper. I am always impressed with his performance on the field. So what are your overall feelings on the Blades standing at this point? What do you think is the biggest thing holding them back? Is there still too much dissent about Robson taking over or is it something else? What is contributing to the lack of pace, pride or passion?
Again, thanks so much for keeping us so well informed.
migratoria

Post by migratoria » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:31 pm

Dear Everbean1,

since you know everything about the Blades, maybe you can help me. I read something about a friendly match that happened last year: Sheffield United against São Paulo of Brazil. Was it true???

I am a São Paulo supporter! But if there was such a match I didn't hear about it through the Brazilian press. How could I miss it??
farrell1009
Been Adult

Post by farrell1009 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:57 am

:score: :score: :score:
(Don't want to keep clogging everything up with new topics so I am putting this here:)

Sheffield United Won Today!!!!!

2-1 over Manchester City. Brilliant game, everyone was thrilled (and I hope Sean is too!) :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive:
Coolbeans

Post by Coolbeans » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 am

I read that and I'm really happy for all you Blades fans! Now... if only my dear Senators crawl out of their hole... too many injuries... their 1st place ranking is slip sliding away. boohoohoo
Lessa

Post by Lessa » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:46 am

My daughter works in the bar here on match days, she's at uni in Sheffield and lives just over the road from the ground :-D For some reason she hasn't met him yet :roll:
Everbean1

Post by Everbean1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:37 am

Fifth round of the FA Cup: Blades 0:0 Boro

All the players showed up to play with strong challenges, well timed tackles, and moving the ball forward. We will have to have a replay at Boro but if we play like we did today there is a very good chance that we can walk away from this match with a win. Paddy made some great saves, the defense was strong and stood their ground, the midfield pushed the ball forward and challenged Boro every time they touched the ball. The forwards keep the Boro keeper busy, but no balls found the back of he net. This was a fun match to watch! For those of you who don't know already -- Bryan Robson has decided to leave the club after being offered the Director of Football at the lane. Kidd has also departed. Blackwell (a former assistant coach under Warnock is now our gaffer. I have to say I find this a very good move on the part of McCabe. Blackwell, shows his passion for all to see, yells / talks to the players from the touch line and it's great to see! Only time will tell if he can get us into the playoffs -- but from what I saw today -- the hope in my cup runith over..

COYRAWW!!!!!

UTB!
Sam
Last edited by Everbean1 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.