UEFA Champions League.

Talk about your favorite sport here !

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

Seanata

UEFA Champions League.

Post by Seanata » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:06 am

Ok ladies,your Exclusive Spoiled Sportscaster has only just arrived.
So..Let's beggin with some nice stuff..I bet you've all heard about a strange thing called Champion League.No..It's not a new aftershave by Davidoff.Not a car either.Founded in 1955 (yes men are obsessed with it for years..there's no cure I guess :roll: ) the Union of European Football Associations Champions League is only for the most successful football clubs in Europe.

The prize, the European Champion Clubs' Cup, is considered the most prestigious club trophy in the sport.The tournament consists of several stages. In the present format it begins in mid-July with three preliminary knockout qualifying rounds.

The 16 surviving teams join 16 seeded teams in a group stage. Eight group winners and eight runners-up enter the final knockout rounds, which end with the final match in May. Still with me? Ok..

So my job here will be (if Carol allows :smile: ) to post about the results of games that have to do with C.L. How exciting s that!?!?! :-D
Shit...Why did my shrink take his day off today?!If you don't like the idea just remove the post! :smile: I'll just take my Lexotanil and go back to my dark corner.Mwhaha...
Everbean1

Post by Everbean1 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:54 pm

Looking forward to your reports, Seanata! I have a passion for all things football.

Right now it looks like Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U have a very good chance to advance to the next round. Liverpool, not so much. OK, can you tell I'm a little biased toward the English teams. Go England! Oops that's the Euro 2008 qualifiers...so much football, so little time!! Who are you supporting, Seanata, in the Champions League?
Seanata

Post by Seanata » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:04 pm

Just in case someone is interested..
These are the results for the last Matchday:

And the upcoming games in GMT time:

Everbean,I usually support Olympiakos,AEK,and Arsenal. :cheer:
Brandy
Bean Mistress

Post by Brandy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:43 pm

Seanata, when you support Olympiakos, you must like the Bremen result very much... ;-) I saw the match on TV and Bremen gave a very poor performance. The only German team with a chance for the next round is Schalke, Bremen and Stuttgart can go packing and plan for the UEFA Cup.
I don't support a certain team, I keep my fingers crossed for the German teams, but if they don't want to... :dunno: :roll:
kerrylass

Post by kerrylass » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:51 pm

Even though I'm over here on the other side of the pond,I'm afraid that I'm also partial to English teams, my favorite is Manchester United, only because I saw them play in the States when I was younger.(please don't tell Sean, :lol: : I do like SUFC, but since they were relegated (unjustly) I can't see their games anymore) I do follow the European championships however on the Fox Soccor channel,must of that is on a feed from Sky Sports :-D
Seanata

Post by Seanata » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:48 pm

Yes Brandy I am really pleased with the result!It's so nice that the base of Olympiakos (Karaiskaki stadium) is just a 5 minutes' drive from my house.Today they had a match going on and we were hearing all the yelling while driving by! :cheer: As for Werder..Couldn't they just get rid of their goalkeeper?!In whatever way possible.. :roll:

Kerrylass:
Don't let Beabo know that,should you ever meet him.. ;-)

:cheer:
Brandy
Bean Mistress

Post by Brandy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:04 am

Seanata, that goalkeeper is the substitute. The No. 1 is injured. But nevertheless he should be able to catch a ball... :roll:
I grew up only a few minutes away from our local stadium (Aachen Tivoli stadium, if this says anybody something) and my parents still live there. Dependent from the wind you can hear the fans and the speaker very clear on my parent's balcony. :cheer:
soulmate

Post by soulmate » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:51 am

Here we go (shame shame shame that Bayern Muenchen is not in :oops: )
My heart goes to Schalke - they are from the area I was born and I was a HUGE fan, had even blue-white scarfs and stuff!!!!
But - wink wink - blue and white means Greece as well - and of course I yell for Olympiakos as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Princess - brilliant idea!!!!
Soulmate
P.S: I guess, it´s forbidden in this footie thread to mention here and there a hottie with nice butt and legs???? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Macpy
Bean's Mac

Post by Macpy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:11 am

I support Werder Bremen, their colours are green-white, thats a fact! :cheer:
Bremen is about 45 min from my hometown and Seanata and I we discussed that misserable game against Olympiacos already....we only lost because we had this substute goal keeper!! :roll:
I am not into the German soccer league but I love watching games between nations. :cheer:
Seanata

Post by Seanata » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:47 am

Macpy:Don't worry hun, there's always a revanche..I'lll be waiting for Werder in Athens.. :evil: :-D

Soulmate:
Well wouldn't it be shame to ignore Torsten Frings "Lutscher" (Lollipop, Sucker)..Just wondering... :-D
However OFC's players are so ugly..Torosidis for example..Or Papadopoulos..( :puke: )Couldn't they just pick Totti?At least Nikopolidis is cute..

-->
Last edited by Seanata on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
soulmate

Post by soulmate » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:55 am

I wont step into your trap, princess! I´ll wait until I am sure it is allowed to talk about sucking guys - am kind of holy today, you know :-)))

So - let´s talk about sports: Is Olympiakos still with this great goalkeeper you had during the EM (the party with King Otto "Rehakles"!) ? Antonis Nikopolidis ? He is a damn fine sportsman!
Soulmate (secretly melting)
Seanata

Post by Seanata » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:59 am

soulmate wrote:So - let´s talk about sports: Is Olympiakos still with this great goalkeeper you had during the EM (the party with King Otto "Rehakles"!) ? Antonis Nikopolidis ? He is a damn fine sportsman!
Soulmate (secretly melting)
I just edited my post... :-D :-D :-D Guess what!
Ermm Otto is Greek btw.Greek to the bone just like you and I! :shock:

soulmate

Post by soulmate » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:11 pm

That is a kind of editing posts I truly like!!!
Antoni may be not the best goal keeper in the world - but ... :-)) And the reason may be he does not look so scary like Oliver Kahn (shiver - I wouldnt dare to come close to the goal)
Yep - Rehakles is a great great great coach!
And one of the old kind - they look like sportsmen.
Today - I don´t know - even Klinsmann - coaches look more like CEO´s of huge companies, dress with fancy suits and stuff... What do you all think? To me - born in a true footie-addicted coal and steel area of Germany, footie meant to get dirty and jump around in mud and use foul language :-)
Soulmate
kerrylass

Post by kerrylass » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:25 pm

I'm now going to sound like a totally uninformed Yank. Will one of you explain the reason why there is a UEFA Champions tournament and what was the country qualifiers that England just got shut out of, I do of course know about the World cup, but these others confuse me.
Along with those comments, do those of you who follow footie religiously, do you think that McLaren deserved to be fired now, or should it have been done months ago. As an observer from the other side of the pond, it sometines seemed as if he was trying to hard to be a buddy to the team, and did not have the disipline that was needed.
Do you have any suggestions who should be hired to replace him?
Bobbi
Seanata

Post by Seanata » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:28 pm

Err...Kerrylass...England got discualified of the EURO cup...Not Champions League...Yet they are to play for the World cup.If Mc Laren deserved what he got...Well,that's beyond me..