Back to the index page

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Sharpe's Tiger in German

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> SHARPE'S BOOKS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macpy
Bean's Mac

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Sharpe's Tiger in German Reply with quote
Maybe its old news for us Germans here but I was just browsing through Amazon and I was very surprised to see this here:
http://www.amazon.de/Sharpes-Feuerprobe-Bastei-L%C3%BCbbe-Taschenb%C3%BCcher-Cornwell/dp/3404158628/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209756344&sr=1-1

"Sharpes Tiger" is out in German, called "Sharpe's Feuerprobe". Shocked
Looks like we are going to get the Sharpe books translated in German sooner or later! I think I am going to order this book to read it in my own language! Research reason only of course!

Lessa

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
of course Rolling Eyes Very Happy Wink
Czechmade
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah, Macpy, I hope the German translation will be MUCH beter than the Czech one! About a half year ago I discovered two Sharpe books here - Tiger and Fortress - in a hard cover, nicely equipped - well, I went to have a closer look. Ha. It only "walked around" the real Sharpe, so to speak... Pity.And horrible. Of course, no other volumes have appeared since then. And still I seem to be a lonely "real" Sharpe fan here...
So good luck!
amelia
Been Adult

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Czechmade wrote:
It only "walked around" the real Sharpe, so to speak... Pity.And horrible.

Czechmade, maybe you can contact the Czech publishers and offer to do any future translations for them. Tell them you have a true "feeling" for the work and a good "grasp" of the subject matter. Embarassed Laughing But seriously I'm sure you could do a much better job than whoever they had hired.
Macpy
Bean's Mac

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Czechmade wrote:
Ah, Macpy, I hope the German translation will be MUCH beter than the Czech one! About a half year ago I discovered two Sharpe books here - Tiger and Fortress - in a hard cover, nicely equipped - well, I went to have a closer look. Ha. It only "walked around" the real Sharpe, so to speak... Pity.And horrible. Of course, no other volumes have appeared since then. And still I seem to be a lonely "real" Sharpe fan here...
So good luck!

Hope its a good translation...I mean I will be able to compare! But as I heard they will bring out one German translation once a year...does that mean we will have them all translated in 21 years?! Shocked
with amelia, offer your publisher your own translation, so you might get more people interested in Sharpe once everybody is able to read the translated version!!!!

Czechmade
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I have tried to convince one crazy publisher but he fell in love in his late 40s and lost his witts...giggle...and others didnīt answer, have got their Rosamunde Pilcher, no offense intended.
By the way, you really overestimate me - however I would do it with my heart full of love - and with good knowledge of history ( I hope).
Thank you, you are very kind!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> SHARPE'S BOOKS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: