Govi reporting

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice

blueeyes
Bean Mistress

Post by blueeyes » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:36 pm

:oops: Now I'm mixup, can I share the chair with you Pudge??
Pudge
PhD with Honours in Bean Studies (Pics)

Post by Pudge » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:33 pm

OYE!! I think we should just start fresh. LOL!!!

Govi.....we need some more reporting to get back on track! Was there anymore to say about the trip????
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[center]Image
[/center]
Govi
Sean's Celestial Angel No 1

Post by Govi » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:41 am

Of course there is Pudge, I got distracted with being very busy at work, and this new thing which allows me to make very large caps, so I was capping almost every minute of my spare time. I promise to go on today though !
Govi
Sean's Celestial Angel No 1

Post by Govi » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:04 am

Thursday July 3

Today we were planning a trip down Memory Lane, Sean’s Memory Lane that is in Handsworth. We visited – and took some pictures, like a bunch of over aged paparazzi – at the place he was born, the school he went to as a kid, the house where he grew up, and a glance on Handsworth Recreation Ground.

That was a bit silly, but still fun. Amazing how close to the countryside Sheffield is, as we drove out of town, in search for some rural surroundings in the Peak District.. Our final destination was Castleton, but we made a stop at Ladybower, a beautiful big lake, and we took some group pictures on the gigantic bench there.

After a short drive we stopped at a very nice place to have a pub lunch. We were received very friendly, a large table was set for us, and we had a lovely lunch. Most of us had a wonderful Yorkshire Pudding with sausages and onion gravy, and some even made their way though a lovely dessert !

Bellies full we started out for Castleton. On our way we made a stop at a small village where there was a well dressing (see Moonlustie’s pic)

Castleton is very picturesque, and Macpy got very enthusiast seeing all the little jewellery shops with nice shiny things, she is a magpie really! Castleton is very famous because of the stone being mined there : the Blue John.. It’s the only place in the world it’s been found, and they make pretty jewellery with it.

Some of us bought rings with the dark blue stone, and Debbie and I found a nice present for Brandy’s birthday.

On our way back to Sheffield we had some fun in the back of the car, regarding Cliff Richard – poor Moonlustie had a very vivid dream that night, about being in a relationship with him – and we had a few (very decent) comments on that subject.

In Sheffield we had a quick look on the cottage Sean has bought, and the pub next to it.

Later, after shopping we had soup and warm baked bread. Because of brandy’s birthday the next day we let her pick the Sharpe, and we all watched Sharpe’s Sword, ending with singing again.

We said farewell to the lovely Southernbelle, and went to our rooms for the last night in Sheffield,
Last edited by Govi on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Macpy
Bean's Mac

Post by Macpy » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:28 am

:agree: Exactly as it happened, well done Boss! :clap:
....I think we should talk about that magpie thing again...I mean....well you know, when it shines and sparkle..what can a girl do?! :dunno: :lol:
Pudge
PhD with Honours in Bean Studies (Pics)

Post by Pudge » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:10 am

Thanks for the next installment! Loved all of the places you went! :roll: ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[center]Image
[/center]
Czechmade
Bean VIP

Post by Czechmade » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:06 am

Lovely reading, thank you Govi! :lol:
southernbelle
Sharpe's Lass

Post by southernbelle » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:24 am

Great read. Thanks Carol.
Lotte
Bean VIP

Post by Lotte » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:02 am

What a lovely day (week!) you had!! So glad for all of you and I only wish I could have been there too!!! It would be so nice to have some like-minded souls to watch Sharpe with (and the shopping and sightseeing sound fun too!) Maybe I can make it next time....... :-D
KathyB
BeanToddler

Post by KathyB » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:46 pm

Looks like that you had a wonderful time in Sheffield
farrell1009
Been Adult

Post by farrell1009 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:57 pm

:thankyou: What a joy it is to read all about your day in Castleton and Sheffield. Castleton looks like the perfect English village! I'd love to see the Blue John jewelry some of you bought. It all sounds so enchanting and fun at the same time. Will there be more pics posted of Sean's cottage and pub and Ladybower (the lake) or the pub lunch, etc.? Or have they already been posted and I've somehow missed them?
"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." ~ Anais Nin
hegihe
Bean Mistress

Post by hegihe » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:16 am

A very nice report Govi, I am still laughing at the decent( :shock: ) comments you made regarding Moonlusties dream....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
blueeyes
Bean Mistress

Post by blueeyes » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:56 am

:thankyou: Govi, I'm so happy that you had a Wonderful Time. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Macpy
Bean's Mac

Post by Macpy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:29 am

farrell1009 wrote::thankyou: What a joy it is to read all about your day in Castleton and Sheffield. Castleton looks like the perfect English village! I'd love to see the Blue John jewelry some of you bought. It all sounds so enchanting and fun at the same time. Will there be more pics posted of Sean's cottage and pub and Ladybower (the lake) or the pub lunch, etc.? Or have they already been posted and I've somehow missed them?
All pics that the Sheffield 13 wanted to show has been posted in the FYEO thread. We think that Seans cottage has been in the media already and shown around that we want to respect his privacy and dont feel the need to post some more pics of his cottage. You cant see much on those pics anyway, the cottage is very hidden and only a papparazzi who would be bold enough to stand exactly on the premises would be able to take good shots. I hope you understand why there arent any pics of Seans cottage. :lol:
farrell1009
Been Adult

Post by farrell1009 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:52 am

Macpy wrote:
farrell1009 wrote::thankyou: What a joy it is to read all about your day in Castleton and Sheffield. Castleton looks like the perfect English village! I'd love to see the Blue John jewelry some of you bought. It all sounds so enchanting and fun at the same time. Will there be more pics posted of Sean's cottage and pub and Ladybower (the lake) or the pub lunch, etc.? Or have they already been posted and I've somehow missed them?
All pics that the Sheffield 13 wanted to show has been posted in the FYEO thread. We think that Seans cottage has been in the media already and shown around that we want to respect his privacy and dont feel the need to post some more pics of his cottage. You cant see much on those pics anyway, the cottage is very hidden and only a papparazzi who would be bold enough to stand exactly on the premises would be able to take good shots. I hope you understand why there arent any pics of Seans cottage. :lol:
Thanks Macpy. I was making sure I hadn't missed anything else that may have been posted of the other cool things you did as well. Totally understand about not showing the cottage more. And quite relieved to hear it's very hidden--The man loves his privacy--I feel better for Sean already. :smile:
"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." ~ Anais Nin