Back to the index page

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
TIFF
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> MOVIE & TELEVISION SHOWS DISCUSSION THREAD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathi
Been Adult

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: TIFF Reply with quote
An article on the movies that will be premiering at the Toronto International Film Festival, along with a pic of Viggo (didn't even recognize him, truth be told):

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/toronto-film-festival-29445

Interesting to note that Gerard Butler is in two movies (Corolianus and Machine Gun Preacher), so there's a good chance he'll be there, and Alexander Skarsgard is in Melancholia (maybe he'll show too?). Hmmm, just might have to go wander around downtown come September.
Cymbalom
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For Gerard Butler, I would go downtown, LOL. Probably not to the next town, but I would think he'd be worth a possible look-see..... Wink

Angie
MaryJaneZigZag
Been Adult

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Holy Gidday!

I was seriously JUST talking to a friend of mine who works for the all-news station there -- he & another reporter are mapping out their TIFF strategies for covering all the galas & stuff and we were having a giggle about it. It's like drawing up a battle plan! Laughing

Heard The Brange (Angelina & Brad...soooo lame I can't believe I wrote that! lol) are supposed to be in attendance. Kathi, do you remember when their car got mobbed? That was last year, eh? Bizzaro World! Shocked
Cold shower didnĀ“t help!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, Kathi, are you going? Or at least going to wander about downtown Toronto for ten days? Wink
Kathi wrote:
Hmmm, just might have to go wander around downtown come September.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MaryJaneZigZag wrote:
Holy Gidday!

I was seriously JUST talking to a friend of mine who works for the all-news station there -- he & another reporter are mapping out their TIFF strategies for covering all the galas & stuff and we were having a giggle about it. It's like drawing up a battle plan! Laughing

Heard The Brange (Angelina & Brad...soooo lame I can't believe I wrote that! lol) are supposed to be in attendance. Kathi, do you remember when their car got mobbed? That was last year, eh? Bizzaro World! Shocked

CFRB? Yes, it is a definite battleplan from what I've heard. I have a friend who goes to the festival every year and he is always sick at the end, from not getting enough sleep. I tend to avoid it, as I'm not all that great with crowds and quite honestly, there's usually no one of interest to me to go see. Plus, having lived in and around Toronto all my life, you get used to seeing film crews and scenes being shot, as snotty as that sounds, but totally not meant that way. They're filming the remake of Total Recall down on Lakeshore at the moment and no one gives a rat's a$$ that Colin Farrell is in town, just that they've closed down Lakeshore, that's how commonplace it sort of becomes here. Okay that's still sounding super-snotty and it's not meant that way at all!! The old brain isn't much help today.

Hahaha, the Brange! You're right, that does sound lame. Laughing I honestly can't say that I remember the mobbing of the car, but then again it's usually a struggle to remember what I did last week, lol. Hope nothing crazy happens this year!

Terry, I might take a trip downtown with my festival attending friend, but wandering around for 10 days... uh, no. Think the boss and the hubby (in no particular order) may have a problem or two with that. Laughing

If Gerry Butler was still a drinking man, I'd be able to find him pretty easily (the joys of having friends in the bar business), but I hear he's a teetotaller of late, so that will make it difficult. Wonder if his new lady friend will be attending?
Astrid Hagen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It doesn't sound snotty at all, filming is just a job after all. One can get used to anything Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Kathi -- nah - my buds are at 680 News (I used to work there once upon...)

I know what you mean about associating traffic closures with movie shoots - Astrid you're so right! they close a street & all the sudden you're thinking "You !!" and not "Ooooh! Is that Colin Farrell??"

Hilarious!

TIFF really is a marathon--true endurance trial. I made the effort ONLY ONCE to see a particular film - 'Eastern Promises' (Ha! Viggo! Of Course!) otherwise it was just TOO mental to contemplate.
BeanToddler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish I could go to see Gerard Butler. As much as I like the Bean, Gerry's my #1 crush right now.
Been Adult

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Astrid, I was terribly worried that it hadn't sounded the way I meant it.

@ MJ - lol, well I had a 50/50 shot, eh? Ah, don't blame you on the Eastern Promises - I may have ventured out for that one, lol, but we're usually on holiday around that time and nowhere near the city. We are around this time, as the holiday got delayed, but I'm still unsure if I want to venture downtown for that madness. It's like Caribana and Pride week all in one crazy mess.

@ Lunar - he is the only reason I would venture down there, looking at the list of movies premiering.
MaryJaneZigZag
Been Adult

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
*sings* Lunar likes the dirty boys! (just teasing!)

I know what you mean Sister - but Our Gerry is STRICTLY an outdoor pet! As my friend Karen says "He'd be a tough one to keep on the porch!"

Hey Kathi - you're so right about pulling the avoid when the crowds roll in - that was my M.O for the 10-years I lived in the Big Smoke! ( God - I sound SO anti-social! I'm not! Laughing Honest!)
Been Adult

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MaryJaneZigZag wrote:
"He'd be a tough one to keep on the porch!"

Must admit, my mind wandered in a completely inappropriate direction when I saw that.

And Lunar, can't blame you, that man is yummy! Accent + facial scruff is a great combination in a man. Sean, Gerry, Hugh...

MJ - No worries, I've been here my whole life and rarely go downtown. It's bad enough regularly, but when they have festivals on? Utter chaos. Went down to see The Tea Party at the Sound Academy on the docks last week and was instantly reminded why I hated driving downtown after getting stuck in traffic for an hour at 1:00 a.m.

To bring this all back on topic (lol) I'll ask the friend who he's scouting out for. He's still in battleplan stage.
Pudge
PhD with Honours in Bean Studies (Pics)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The film that Viggo is in, A Dangerous Method, looks really good. Yes the Sigmund Freud haircut on Viggo makes him look so different. He really likes to be in those David Cronenberg films, doesn't he?

Here's a trailer for the film......

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3449592857/

Moominmamma
Viggo's Celestial Angel No 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you, Pudge! This is in competition at the Venice FF and being shown as a gala at the Toronto one. I am intrigued by it, although not usually a Keira Knightly fan. Very Happy

Yes, Viggo does love working with Cronenberg, but in this case he stepped in to help out, when Christoph Walz pulled out of the movie. The oddest thing is that he has brown eyes as Freud, instead of his lovely blue/grey/green ones. Very Happy
Lunar Kissed
BeanToddler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It sounds like an interesting movie. Aw, it's great when actors step in to finish a picture.
PhD with Honours in Bean Studies (Pics)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Too bad about Christoph Walz. I think he's a fabulous actor also! Wonder what happened that made him pull out? At least he wouldn't have had to fake the accent! LOL! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> MOVIE & TELEVISION SHOWS DISCUSSION THREAD All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: