Back to the index page

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
TMB-members favourite sport
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masyde
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: TMB-members favourite sport Reply with quote
Ladies,

Just out of interest... What do you really think about sports? Do you like it? And what kind of sports you like to watch or practice? What is your favourite team?

Or you really hate it? You are the woman with at home a husband on the couch with in 1 hand a remote control and in the other hand a beer. Who wouldn't even notice you, even when you stand in front of him naked...well, maybe he does notice you because he has to ask you if you would be so kind to step away from the tv otherwise he'll miss that very important penalty...
You recognize yourself in this description??

Anyway, just tell your story....can't wait to read them...

Thanks Pudge for the beautiful signature I 'stole' from your gallery
Kathi
Been Adult

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I grew up playing sports (my dad wanted boys and got 2 girls instead, poor guy) and watching sports (we had one tv in the house and my dad always got first choice). I don't care for most of the sports my dad watched (golf and curling at the top of the hate list), but I did enjoy watching hockey, baseball and American football.

As an adult, I don't watch a lot of sports (occasionally baseball and hockey when the hubby has them on and there's bugger all else to do), but I do enjoy watching American football and am a big Green Bay Packers fan, have been for longer than I care to remember. And I must say, Clay Matthews looks mighty fine in a pair of football pants. drool.gif" border="0" />

MaryJaneZigZag
Been Adult

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sundays are for yelling at the television! Laughing

I've always liked sports- played a little when I as much younger (nothing major, just the usual school teams stuff)

Definitely a fan -- love football

And hockey, as well as soccer.

I looooove talking sports (did it for a living for 10 years as a reporter)
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep, me too! We live in a college town (well, ok, near one), and they play some serious football here. My husband can't stand sports, so I go back to the bedroom to yell at the TV. But I'm in heaven during those very special occasions when I get to *GO TO THE GAME*!!! Of course I can't talk for a week afterwards, and I don't care whether we win or lose, or even who's playing.

Next Saturday, ladies! Football!!!

Oh, I used to play ice hockey, and I love that, too!

Angie
Mirkwood13
Bean Adolescent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Football here is totally different - Rugby League! I grew up watching that as my Dad also ruled the TV.

Now, I rule the TV - NO football Laughing

I played field hockey from the age of 7 to about 17. I found out I needed glasses around then as my coach wanted to know why I kept missing the ball, and I never used to miss! I blame senior high school. Anyway, end of hockey career...

I do enjoy watching the Olympics, and the summer tennis occasionally.
Terry
Cold shower didnĀ“t help!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My favorite is baseball--I'm a huge Boston Red Sox fan ever since I was a kid. I watched hockey for a while and won't turn down going to a game at the Garden.
I played softball for years when I was a kid, as well as some pick-up basketball where I seemed to always get hurt. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've always liked swimming, but more to do it, then watching it. I am not a sports fan, but luckily Jan does like football, the real football that is, he's no fanatic! Very Happy

The Mighty Bean Website
Moominmamma
Viggo's Celestial Angel No 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I try to swim every day even though I am a crap swimmer, but don't really watch it. I like sports to do with water (I nearly said watersports, but that can give totally the wrong impression Laughing Laughing ) and enjoy sailing, both doing it and watching yacht racing.

My husband plays and watches golf and also watches cricket and rugby. I don't mind watching those sports. He does have a football team (English football or 'real football' as we prefer to call it Laughing ) since childhood, when he used to go with his dad, which is West Ham, but he is very disillusioned with the game now - a load of multi millionaires behaving like prima donnas - and so he no longer goes to matches . He still follows their progress and is happy when they win, though. He also watches the internationals. I have no interest at all, but am able to switch myself off and ignore it when it is on. Very Happy
Cymbalom
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, Mooms and everybody!

I have been known to follow "footie" too, and West Hams has always been reliably fun to watch. I was sorry to hear that the English football teams have gone the way of American professional sports. It really does kind of take some of the joy out of the game.

LOL @ "watersports!"

Angie
Masyde
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for telling, ladies. I enjoy reading about the things you are interested in.

Stupid me anyway...I had the nerve to ask all of you and didn't tell anything about my interest (or the lack of it Wink ).

When I was a teenager I did a lot of swimming in competition. From my 9th till 25th I played tennis, did a lot of cardiofitness till I was 30 and now....hmmm....well....to be honest...nothing Embarassed ...after I got my children it all dissapeared out of my life...strange Wink Rolling Eyes

I love to watch football (soccer)...because I don't have brothers my father always took me, as a child, to footballmatches and I love the atmosphere in footballstadiums. Off course I'm a fan of our National footballteam (Go Holland!!) and of Feyenoord (from my hometown Rotterdam) and the last but not the least, with all respect for other footballplayers, Lionel Messi.

So girls...I'll hope I told enough...or too much... Very Happy

Thanks Pudge for the beautiful signature I 'stole' from your gallery
marniemckay
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Everyone
I also like to know what sports interest others enjoy.
I just finished watching the US Open Tennis matches..So I favor tennis.
Do like baseball..am a Cleveland Indian Fan...Have been to some of their games. Also like watching football...Browns & Colts fan. Also Ohio State football is on our sports watching agenda.
My hubby is an avid golfer...and watches the golf channel. I like to swim...right now have no pool. Also in the past owned a horse..and did horseback riding.Follow some horse racing..thoroughbred and standardbred harness hores..the trotters & pacers.
Then my 8 yr old grandson plays basketball in a childrens league..so we always go to his games. ..cheer for my grandson's seam
Marnie
Thank you Govi for my Ned Avatar
Eiblin
Bean Adolescent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone... I also want to share with you some of my favorite sports...
Well, when I was a child (many many years ago) I loved horses too much and I begun to make vaulting (gym on horseback (?)) for couple of years, then, finally, I transfer to proper saddle horseback riding. But it was not enough for me...I start training fencing...(for my parents looks I have a little bit dangerous hobbies)... and now...old enough (maybe too old, but still crazy - heh)...I am doing historical fencing - just for fun!
OK, I can swim, I can cycle too...but these two, mentioned above, is my favorite!
Well, this is me! Laughing
Over the hills and far away.
mjcd1951
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Historical fencing! How interesting! I took fencing at the university long ago. Mostly I am a spectator now. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information about yourself. JOY Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sigpic made by Govi
hegihe
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
When we got our first wide-screen TV youngest son had a friend over to watch football and when I moved in front of the TV my hubby said "would you please move your wide screen ass???" Laughing Laughing I can still remember the look on the boys face as he said !"if dad said that to my mom she would kill him!" So yes I am living with a football fanatic-a dedicated Manchester United fan but as long as I got my PC and head phones I don`t mind. Laughing Laughing Not especially interested in sports myself....other than watching the kids fottball matches.
blue
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am a big football fan. My favorite team is Arsenal London, which means I am a gooner Very Happy

I grew up with football, because my mum had a canteen at our local football place.

And I loved Formula One for a very long time. I was really passionate about it until Schumacher (sorry to the german users here) come and destroyed it. Since then I can't watch it anymore. I completely lost that passion Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> SPORTS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: