Back to the index page

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Grimm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> MOVIE & TELEVISION SHOWS DISCUSSION THREAD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Way2prickly
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Grimm Reply with quote
Anyone watch this show last night? It looks like it has some potential.
Sable899
Bean Teen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even tho it was a bit formulaic and highly reminiscent of Buffy, it was an interesting bit of entertainment. I don't think its going to have that Buffy-like humor and the gore quotient was quite high. But, all things considered, I'll probably make it a regular Friday thing.
MaryJaneZigZag
Been Adult

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
watched yesterday - recorded it on my dvr as we took off for the weekend -- I really liked it. I actually prefer this kind of high concept played 'straight'-- without humour or asides to the audience as crutches.

I'll definitely be watching this and 'Once Upon A Time' -- until they get cancelled. I have zero confidence in network television sticking with this kind of fantasy-based series.

My 2-cents
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, I've just recently discovered this show, and I love it! I guess sable is right about it being formulaic, but I found it exciting anyway!

Sara, I'm afraid you're right --- once I decide to follow a series, it seems to be the kiss of death. OTOH I think the reason GOT has been renewed is because I wasn't watching it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Angie
MaryJaneZigZag
Been Adult

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm with you Angie -- cancelling shows seems to be my forte as well!

Try to find 'Pushing Daisies' in dvd if you can -- or maybe Netflix(which I don't have) - I LOVED that show...and right on schedule ZZZZAAAP!

Cancelled.

So with that said ... *ahem* "I won't be watching 'Missing'...I'm sure it will be terrible!"
(Do you think that fooled the suits at the network?!?!?! Laughing )
Been Adult

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG, and here I was worrying that it was just me. So many shows that I have completely loved have been cancelled. There was the US version of the Brit show Life on Mars (I loved it, apparently no one else did) and Greg the Bunny (such a funny little show), plus a ton of others (US of Tara, etc.). As soon as I get caught up in it, CANCELLED. Meh.

Yes, Missing sucks, I don't want to watch it... lalalala (here's hoping we can fool someone! Laughing)
marniemckay
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Always trying to find new shows that I can enjoy...and hope that won't get cancelled. Well I came upon Grimm late in its season...and quite like it!I loved it that it was on Friday nite's...now its been moved to Monday nites..perhaps for reruns.. I am hoping this series will continue...I favor Monroe...played by Silas Weir Mitchell! A reform blu..whatever monster..which is quite a refreshing take which sets this series apart from alot of other sci-fi or fairytale stories...

Hugs..Marnie

Special Thanks to Govi for the fabulous sigpic
gmcw
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My husband & I have watched this show a lot. We live in Portland, where it is set and filmed. We have NEVER realized that Portland was SO EXCITING!! Who would have thought???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> MOVIE & TELEVISION SHOWS DISCUSSION THREAD All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: