Grimm

Discuss non-Sean movies !

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

Way2prickly
Bean VIP

Grimm

Post by Way2prickly » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:22 am

Anyone watch this show last night? It looks like it has some potential.
Sable899
Bean Teen

Post by Sable899 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:36 am

Even tho it was a bit formulaic and highly reminiscent of Buffy, it was an interesting bit of entertainment. I don't think its going to have that Buffy-like humor and the gore quotient was quite high. But, all things considered, I'll probably make it a regular Friday thing.
MaryJaneZigZag
Been Adult

Post by MaryJaneZigZag » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:30 pm

watched yesterday - recorded it on my dvr as we took off for the weekend -- I really liked it. I actually prefer this kind of high concept played 'straight'-- without humour or asides to the audience as crutches.

I'll definitely be watching this and 'Once Upon A Time' -- until they get cancelled. I have zero confidence in network television sticking with this kind of fantasy-based series.

My 2-cents
You can tell a lot from a woman's hands. For instance, if they're locked around your throat--she's probably a little upset.
Cymbalom
Bean VIP

Post by Cymbalom » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:31 am

Wow, I've just recently discovered this show, and I love it! I guess sable is right about it being formulaic, but I found it exciting anyway!

Sara, I'm afraid you're right --- once I decide to follow a series, it seems to be the kiss of death. OTOH I think the reason GOT has been renewed is because I wasn't watching it. :-D :-D :-D :-D

Angie
MaryJaneZigZag
Been Adult

Post by MaryJaneZigZag » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:57 am

I'm with you Angie -- cancelling shows seems to be my forte as well!

Try to find 'Pushing Daisies' in dvd if you can -- or maybe Netflix(which I don't have) - I LOVED that show...and right on schedule ZZZZAAAP!

Cancelled.

So with that said ... *ahem* "I won't be watching 'Missing'...I'm sure it will be terrible!"
(Do you think that fooled the suits at the network?!?!?! :lol: )
You can tell a lot from a woman's hands. For instance, if they're locked around your throat--she's probably a little upset.
Kathi
Been Adult

Post by Kathi » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:48 am

OMG, and here I was worrying that it was just me. So many shows that I have completely loved have been cancelled. There was the US version of the Brit show Life on Mars (I loved it, apparently no one else did) and Greg the Bunny (such a funny little show), plus a ton of others (US of Tara, etc.). As soon as I get caught up in it, CANCELLED. Meh.

Yes, Missing sucks, I don't want to watch it... lalalala (here's hoping we can fool someone! :lol:)
marniemckay
Bean Mistress

Post by marniemckay » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Always trying to find new shows that I can enjoy...and hope that won't get cancelled. Well I came upon Grimm late in its season...and quite like it!I loved it that it was on Friday nite's...now its been moved to Monday nites..perhaps for reruns.. I am hoping this series will continue...I favor Monroe...played by Silas Weir Mitchell! A reform blu..whatever monster..which is quite a refreshing take which sets this series apart from alot of other sci-fi or fairytale stories...

Hugs..Marnie
Special Thanks to Govi for the fabulous sigpic
gmcw
Bean VIP

Post by gmcw » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:40 am

My husband & I have watched this show a lot. We live in Portland, where it is set and filmed. We have NEVER realized that Portland was SO EXCITING!! Who would have thought???