A Game of Thrones Season Two

Discuss non-Sean movies !

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

Astrid Hagen

Post by Astrid Hagen » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:41 am

It's very funny, but I expected him to turn up with his head under his arm :lol: :lol:
marniemckay
Bean Mistress

Post by marniemckay » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Anyone here have comments on episode 4 of GOT season two?
I am noticing some liberties taken in film version from "Clash of Kings" book. I kinda liked this episode....but didn't remember Littlefinger meeting with Cat...and bringing Neds bones to her...and then that scene at the end with Melisandre giving birth to her shadow...baby.... :shock:
The awful scene of Geoffrey cruelity to the girl sent to him....just awful...
I do see some liberties being taken from the actual book....of course this could be expected...cause the books did linger on and on on certain parts of this epic story. I just missed Jon Snow's part of the story...in this episode..guess I am hangin in there...but missing Ned so much..
Hugs..Marnie
Special Thanks to Govi for the fabulous sigpic
MsTaken
BeanToddler

Game of Thrones Season 2

Post by MsTaken » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Episode 4: this is where I ended up explaining much more to my husband than any other episode. The producers have melded parts together, omitted some things and expanded on others.

I agree in the books, that Littlefinger did not meet with Cat in Renly's camp. The scene with Geoffrey was not in the book, but certainly does set him up to be the really bad guy this season, doesn't it?

Margarey, Renly's wife, has much more to do on the TV series than the books, but her part moves things along, so I understand why it was done.
The last part about Melisandre giving birth to a "ghost baby" actually was in the books (I had to go back and re-read that part to make sure I understood). What wasn't explained though was why she and Davos rowed to that underground caveren where she gave "birth".

Watching the series brings back more memories of the books and I'm excited to find out how the producers pull off some of the important parts of the books.
MsTaken
marniemckay
Bean Mistress

Post by marniemckay » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:37 pm

:agree: I also went back and read that part of Melisandre and Daves...in the cavern. I think they are cutting out who that shadow was to do away with and preparing us for another! Won't say anymore for any of those who are just watching...and haven't read the books. I can understand why they are melting some things together...to move things along...cause reading the books...there were endless other characters who were difficult to keep track of...and would seem to drag this visual version down. I did like it that Cat...could turn on Littlefinger and openly accuse him of turning on Ned. Although in the book...it was so comforting that the Secret Sisters brought Neds bones...to Cat...she had time to just sit and be with her beloved Ned....while she was at Riverrun..her fathers castle etc.It will be interesting to continue to see how they present all the different factions and main characters in this epic. As I read the books...I continued to feel so sorry for Sansa...with Geoffrey....
Thats it for now...Hugs..Marnie
Tanserke
Bean Mistress

Post by Tanserke » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:47 am

:agree: with you Ladies, many things are not in books :roll:
Sorry but I don't like this season 2 and not only because there is "no Sean" :-D
I understand they might cut and cut ... but all "new" scenes are not useful and with all these changing they give us a new story ... I'm really disapointed by all the sex scenes "too much is too much" :lol: (OK It's HBO ... ;-) )
MsTaken
BeanToddler

game of Thrones season 2

Post by MsTaken » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Maybe I'm showing my age, but the sex scenes are getting a little Gratuitous.

But I am enjoying the season two. Missing Sean/Ned but enjoying season two. This season, no one except maybe Jon Snow seems like a good guy.
MsTaken
Terry
Cold shower didn´t help!

Post by Terry » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:50 pm

"Good" and "evil" are pretty much gray areas for the world of Westeros and war and ruling a kingdom (except for Joffrey and Gregor Clegane and his boys who are pure evil). You have to do awful things in warfare and in trying to rule a kingdom. As GRRM said once: good people don't make good kings most of the time. I'm enjoying most of the performances this year.

That being said: still hate Carice/Melisandre. The birth scene did not so much horrify me (as it did in the book) so much as make me cringe from her "acting." I'll have to watch it again, but I think Davos/Liam looked bored in the background.

Yes there were deviations from the books, but I like most of the changes myself. Littlefinger did not meet with Catelyn in Renly's camp at Highgarden, true. However the scene with Aiden Gillen and Michelle Fairly was well worth it. Emmys for everyone! Except Carice.

Finally we get to Qarth, and it's looking promising! Of course I have to focus a bit here, because I was busy noting how tall the actor playing Xaro Xoan Daxos is compared to petite Emilia Clarke. :lol:
ImageImage
MsTaken
BeanToddler

Game of Thrones Season 2

Post by MsTaken » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Terry wrote:That being said: still hate Carice/Melisandre. The birth scene did not so much horrify me (as it did in the book) so much as make me cringe from her "acting." I'll have to watch it again, but I think Davos/Liam looked bored in the background.
OMG -- :agree: :agree: :agree:
HAHAHAHAHA
MsTaken
Pudge
PhD with Honours in Bean Studies (Pics)

Post by Pudge » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:27 pm

There is an excellent (albeit very long) essay written on the latest episode over on WIC. This fellow has done one for each episode so far and his thoughts and comments are very intriguing. He analyzes every aspect of the story. After reading them, I have a greater understanding of what I watched, cause as a non-reader of the books, sometimes I don't always "get it".....

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/04/episo ... nes-essay/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[center]Image
[/center]
Nachtmar
Bean Mistress

Post by Nachtmar » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:30 pm

Astrid Hagen wrote:It's very funny, but I expected him to turn up with his head under his arm :lol: :lol:
:agree: :rotflmao: Great Idea, Astrid ! That would be a sight !

Really really GREAT video :rotflmao: Thanx so much for sharing, Pudge !

I missed Ned through all the last 4 books no matter how good they were ... all the Jon Snow chapters just made me think of Ned (!) ... good men, don't make good kings, ah yes, thank you GRRM, but good men DO make good beheaded corpses ???? Let's just hope Ned is Jons father in the end, against all odds, for your sake ;-) :furious: ;-)

Love & hugs
Susan

PS: I enjoy your discussions about season 2 very much, my dear ladies ... having read all the books there's no spoiler alert for me, but it's interesting to hear how they made the second book into the movie, with some luck I might not have to wait for the DVD, so keep your fingers crossed for me !
Masyde
Bean Mistress

Post by Masyde » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:28 pm

Nachtmar wrote: Let's just hope Ned is Jons father in the end, against all odds, for your sake ;-) :furious: ;-)

:agree: Otherwise we really have to find George RR Martin and beat the hell out of him! :shooting: ;-)
Thanks to Isabel for my Blade avatar!
Thanks Pudge for the beautiful signature I 'stole' from your gallery
marniemckay
Bean Mistress

Post by marniemckay » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Masyde wrote:
Nachtmar wrote: Let's just hope Ned is Jons father in the end, against all odds, for your sake ;-) :furious: ;-)

:agree: Otherwise we really have to find George RR Martin and beat the hell out of him! :shooting: ;-)
:agree: ..and second it...if Jon is not Ned's son. I did love most of Jon Snow's part of this story...quite an adventure beyond the Wall....Jon is my second fav after Ned. I do believe he is Ned's son...Everyone else ...power hungry backstabbers...and some very cruel. The Imp...the only decent Lanister...
I do have mixed feelings...about season 2 of this...visually well done...I can agree with some of you about the sex scenes...but the cruelty of Geoffrey was far more offensive to me.
I am enjoying reading all your comments...
Hugs..Marnie :cheer:
Moominmamma
Viggo's Celestial Angel No 1

Post by Moominmamma » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:04 pm

I do like Jon Snow, but have never believed that he is Ned's son. There is a big secret about his birth and anyway, Ned was far too honourable and noble to betray Catelyn like that. There is a theory which many book fans seem to support, but I won't go into that, although I am sure it has been discussed elsewhere on here. :-D

The trouble is that we may never know, as there is no guarantee that George R R Martin will ever finish the books. :lol: :lol:
marniemckay
Bean Mistress

Post by marniemckay » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Well...I know Jon's mother is rather a mystery as far as GOT story goes...on further in one of the books...Ayra was told who Jon's mother was suppose to be. It is a fact that bothers me...but looking at a chart of the House Stark...that is with the DVD GOTs...a woman's name Wylla is put up as his mother. I do remember King Robert teasing Ned on their journey to Kings Landing about a woman that Ned favored during their waring years....as they had stopped for a lunch...Ned answered Wylla. Of course its something unresolved. There is so much that went on...back in time as Robert became King...that I so wish Martin had written a book on that earlier time. Catelyn was suppose to marry Ned's brother..but he died ..so Ned married her. Then from somewhere I got the idea...Ned had some ill-fated love affair...back in that time.
I just still believe Jon is Ned's son...that he does have Stark blood in his veins...Just my take on this very important mystery that Martin saddled we Ned fans...or GOT fans...with. And yes, one man told me he had waited for 5 years..to get the 5th book...Dancing with Dragons....
Hugs...Marnie
Pudge
PhD with Honours in Bean Studies (Pics)

Post by Pudge » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Mooms....I've read those theories (but have forgotten what they are!!!! :roll: ). Hard to say exactly if true but I just find it hard that Ned would lie to Jon when he told him: "you have my blood". Unless he meant "Stark" blood in general and not directly "HIS" blood???

If anyone wants to offer up those specific theories that are out there, I guess the "SPOILERS" thread would be the best for it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[center]Image
[/center]