The Killing

Discuss non-Sean movies !

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

blue
Bean Mistress

Post by blue » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Borgen started last Summer/ Autumn in Germany/Austria, but I didn't had the time to watch it. But I do think, that I would like it. Maybe I will get the DVD or wait till its on TV again.

I like Protectors too... and there was another series, a Swedish/Danish cooperation. I forget the title but I remember the woman called Saga Noren. It started with a dead body on a bridge. One half was on the swedish side, the other half on the danish side.
Kizzy
Bean VIP

Post by Kizzy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:10 am

The Danish/Swedish one is appropriately named "The Bridge" - it's the bridge between Copenhagen and Malmö.
The bridge itself helps to make people in southern Sweden and eastern Denmark think of themselves as belonging to the same 'region' with Swedes working in the Greater Copenhagen area and Danes working in Malmö, and a lot of Danes have moved to Malmö ...
It's ironic really because until the 17th century when the Swedish king Carl XII invaded and annexed southern Sweden it was part of Denmark and Danish was the language used in the area, and now slowly the people of the region are coming together again across what is the official national border ....
I enjoy that kind of historical ironies :smile:

And I also enjoyed the drama The Bridge. They're working on a second season, so we have that to look forward to too ... I like the way they explore the subtle differences between Swedish and Danish ways of doing things.

Kizzy

Banner courtesy of Astrid, pictures due to Pudge
blue
Bean Mistress

Post by blue » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:34 am

sounds very interesting the histories :-D

a second season, my poor nerves... these scandianvian thrillers always makes me like a nervous wrek :shots:

there was other, I just googled the title because I only know the German title (Nordlicht) "Den som draeber" This was another where I was really shocked, especially how it ended :thud: I didn't saw it coming....
Kizzy
Bean VIP

Post by Kizzy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:48 am

I didn't watch "Den som dræber" (he/she who kills - would be a direct translation).

It wasn't a GREAT success around here. It was produced for an independent commercial TV channel and didn't get the ratings the public service channels get around here. I read that it was too brutal and explicit, more than the plot warranted, but I don't know if it's true, since I didn't watch it. I do not normally watch the commercial channels if I can help it.
I can't stand all the commercials interrupting on the commercial channels, on the public service channels there are either NO commercials (as on the DR channels, etc.) or they're in blocks between the programs (as on the TV2 channels). Also the news coverage and the quality of the programs is usually better on the public service channels.

Kizzy

blue
Bean Mistress

Post by blue » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:41 am

I am surprised that it wasn't too successful. It was on a public service channel here. I think that the quality was very good, like "The bridge". About the brutality, it was very realistic yes, but I don't think that it was more brutal than other scandinavian series. I ve seen worse...

I only can say that it is worth to watch...
blue
Bean Mistress

Post by blue » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 am

The Killing Season 3 starts this sunday :runaround: can't wait!!!
Kizzy
Bean VIP

Post by Kizzy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:46 am

Enjoy - it has some really good twists and turns, and a surprising and shocking ending.

Kizzy

blue
Bean Mistress

Post by blue » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:09 am

OMG not again :shots: the end of season 2 was already very shocking :thud:

Did you know that Sophie Grabol and Mikael Birkjaer are doing TV-Spots together in Austria for an insurance regularly. I always liked to watch these ads, but since what happened in Season 2 I am traumatised :roll:

you can watch it on youtube, just type: " wiener städtische werbung "
Kizzy
Bean VIP

Post by Kizzy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Well the guy who partners Sofie Graabøl in this season is a bit of a hunk, and great actor too, so there is a lot to enjoy too ;-)

Kizzy

blue
Bean Mistress

Post by blue » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:19 am

Just watched the first 6 episodes and I still don't have any clue :shots: But I suspect its one of the politics. Ussing and there is something with Borch... and the minister president, something happened in the past? with his family/son?!
Sometimes I even suspect the boyfriend of the mother, whose daughter got kidnapped :roll:

Can't wait to see the last 4 episodes!!
Kizzy
Bean VIP

Post by Kizzy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:34 am

I'm not going to give you any clues :lol:
Generally speaking I don't mind spoilers myself, but in this case it would really ruin the story for you, so I'm keeping completely silent on the subject ;-)
I'm glad you enjoy it though.

Kizzy

blue
Bean Mistress

Post by blue » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:13 am

WTF :thud:

last night was the season finale and I am really shocked!! After the end of episode 8 I was sure it was Reinhart... but I didn't expect how it ended!!!

How could Sören Sveistrup to this to Lund :shots:
Why couldn't he just make her happy in the end....

There must have any other way to get Reinhart in jail for what he did... AAARGS :thud:

Lund's mistake was that she "saved" him before.. she should let Louise Jelbys father kill Reinhart :roll:

What did you think after the finale? And how was the reaction in Danmark?
Kizzy
Bean VIP

Post by Kizzy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:55 am

The reaction was mixed. The scriptwriter described it as a 'happy ending' - he has a twisted imagination I think :roll:

The reviewers and audience liked the ending but we were all shocked at it, because in some ways it leaves everything hanging in the air.

I think it's in character, and that leaves us all feverishly imagining how Lund can move on from there. Her lover too for that matter ...

I like it because it's anything but a traditional ending. Those of us who watch this type of series know what to expect of the ending by now, whether it's a happy ending or the opposite, but no one would have expected this ending. It's original.

Kizzy

blue
Bean Mistress

Post by blue » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 am

Kizzy wrote:The scriptwriter described it as a 'happy ending'
ohh, very "funny" :thud:

I know this was typical Lund, what sie did... but somehow I expected Reinhart in jail or getting shot in a different way, in self defence not self justice...

This is supposed the final series. but the ending is somehow open....like you said, everything is hanging in the air :roll:

I liked this series, even with this unexpected ending...

Its hard to say, which of the 3 series I like the most... they are all unique!!
Kizzy
Bean VIP

Post by Kizzy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:22 am

And Danish TV has just finished the last season of Borgen. It's been bought by a very large number of countries.

That series has gone from strength to strength - each season better than the one before to my mind. I'm really proud of it.

At the moment I'm watching West Wing - I got the whole series, 7 seasons, as a birthday gift, and I can't help comparing it to Borgen.
They're both about the politics of running a country, but two such different countries! It's really intriguing. And very different styles of presentation too, but both very convincing and enjoyable.

I hope the script writer for Borgen gets another brilliant idea for a TV serie, now that both The Killing and Borgen are done.

Kizzy