Emmy Award nominations

Discuss non-Sean movies !

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

Terry
Cold shower didn´t help!

Emmy Award nominations

Post by Terry » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Peter Dinklage was nominated for the second year in a row for Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for his role as Tyrion Lannister in "Game of Thrones."

Also, Ashley Judd was nominated for Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie for her role in "Missing." (:puke: Sorry, I couldn't stand her at all )

Here's the link to all of the nominations (click on the category on the left-hand side to view each): http://www.emmys.com/nominations
ImageImage
Moominmamma
Viggo's Celestial Angel No 1

Post by Moominmamma » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:28 pm

I am pleased for Peter, but the idea of Ashley getting "Best Actress" made me hysterical! :rotflmao:
Astrid Hagen

Post by Astrid Hagen » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:07 pm

They ought to take the nominees on permanent contract :lol: It would save a lot of unnecessary movement each year.
Kizzy
Bean VIP

Post by Kizzy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Sean should have had the Emmy for Ned Stark last year - then Peter Dinklage could get it this year. And that would have been fair.
I'll never understand why Sean's always overlooked for the 'big' awards. Not if it's to be based on talent anyway. :cry:

Kizzy

Banner courtesy of Astrid, pictures due to Pudge
Kathi
Been Adult

Post by Kathi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Kizzy wrote:Sean should have had the Emmy for Ned Stark last year - then Peter Dinklage could get it this year. And that would have been fair.
I'll never understand why Sean's always overlooked for the 'big' awards. Not if it's to be based on talent anyway. :cry:

Kizzy
Definitely has a lot to do with politics... one of the best examples is Russell Crowe - he lost the Oscar for The Insider (by far, his best acting job) and won for Gladiator the year afterwards.

Peter Dinklage winning last year was totally deserved and he deserves it again this year. He is absolute perfection as Tyrion, just as Sean was as Ned. Hopefully, Sean will get a role in something that isn't garbage (I'm sorry, Missing was crap) and gets to flex his acting muscles a bit more.

Speaking of, I find it rather interesting that they turned Missing into a mini-series. Apparently that's what happens when your show gets cancelled, is it? :roll:
Astrid Hagen

Post by Astrid Hagen » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:42 pm

This "politic" is called "a republic of pals" over here :lol: It's all right to keep an award within their own circle, but why muddle and insist it's handed out for talent and professional achievements? There are so many deserving candidates around, that giving out the award to the same persons over and over again is immediately putting it's value into doubt. I mean, one can hardly get a better proof that other candidates aren't treated seriously and just serve as dummies :lol:
Kizzy
Bean VIP

Post by Kizzy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:01 pm

A Republic of Pals - nice. I must remember that.

I agree that Peter Dinklage did a good job in season 1, and I'm sure he's continued his good work, and will probably continue to do so for the next many seasons (1 per book? There are 5 books already and he appears in all of them.) So maybe we can look forward to having him nominated 5 years in a row ;-)

However, to me he was the easy choice, because Tyrion is a much more flamboyant character and therefore in a sense more noticeable than Ned Stark who as the stoic northerner with the deep feelings MUST be played in an understated and subtle way which Sean is past master of, and which I always enjoy more because it demands my attention and concentration more.
But in my experience the more subtle acting style often gets overlooked and misjudged by critics and those who hand out awards.

Just as in my job - those who shout loudest and promote themselves most get the attention of the management, the quieter but equally (or more) competent people get overlooked.

Just my opinion ....

Oh, and I agree that Missing turned out to be crap - unfortunately.

Kizzy

marniemckay
Bean Mistress

Post by marniemckay » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:34 pm

:agree: with almost all that has been expressed here about the Emmys...As for me..I find them a HUGE disappointment..do think it is who you know etc.
At leas Game of Thrones was nominated ...and I am happy for Peter as Tyrion. He is perfect for that part! Its great for him..as I imagine he is limited to roles he can get.
But I will remember Sean as Ned Stark for as long as I live...He did just a remarkable job as Lord Stark...yes, Sean was both robbed of a nomination and then the Emmy last year. I can go on ranting forever about Sean being overlooked last year by the Emmys..But Sean is not limited to what roles he can do. He is a seasoned and very talented actor on the international world stage. There is alot of value in that...
As for Ashley being nominated...its ok with me...I enjoyed Missing but did not consider it a mini-series... :roll:

Hugs...MarnieImage
Special Thanks to Govi for the fabulous sigpic
Kizzy
Bean VIP

Post by Kizzy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:00 pm

I thought Ashley Judd did a good job in her role as an actress. I fear she was less successful as a producer. The series wanted to do too much in those 10 episodes, and that was its downfall. But the acting was good across the board. I enjoy watching it too, though I do skip some of the scenes with Michael - I like to concentrate on 'the adults'. :smile:

Everyone here agrees that Sean is a great actor - but quite a few of those with influence in the entertainment industry have a more limited view of his abilities. Just as well the world is a big place with room for all sorts :lol:

Kizzy

Astrid Hagen

Post by Astrid Hagen » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Kizzy wrote: So maybe we can look forward to having him nominated 5 years in a row ;-)
You're probably right :lol: :lol:

It would make much more sense if they treated all seasons as one complete role, I suppose.
I agree that actually Dinklage had a comparatively easy task this time, as Tyrion was one of the best written and most impressive characters, catching most attention in the story.
May2
Bean Adolescent

Post by May2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Missing was not meant to be a mini-series.
GOCUBSGO
blue
Bean Mistress

Post by blue » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Ashley Judd got a nomination??? :thud:

Comparing to Seans performance in GOT Seaon 1, this is a joke :shots:
Pudge
PhD with Honours in Bean Studies (Pics)

Post by Pudge » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Game of Thrones wins six technical/creative arts Emmy's! :congrats:

http://www.news.com.au/news/game-of-thr ... 6475380558
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[center]Image
[/center]
Kizzy
Bean VIP

Post by Kizzy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 pm

That is well deserved - they've done a really good job in the scenography, etc. departments.

Kizzy

Terry
Cold shower didn´t help!

Post by Terry » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:56 pm

:cheer: :cheer: :wine:
The creative teams are outstanding, well done!
ImageImage