Back to the index page

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Hello :-)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julie
Bean Adolescent

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well wow! Thank you all for your kind words :-) What a lovely community!

I'll answer the few questions I've been asked then: I'm single (and socially akward too, definitely does not help lol), I have dog, and I work at the international customer service in a large manufacture, though currently on sick leave (I had spine surgery recently and still recovering - it does give me the opportunity to watch lots of movies as I'm forced to lie down most of the time: so far today Anna Karenina and then Tracie's Story for the 2nd time as the accents gave me a hard time understanding every word the 1st time!)

Oh and Morvgal58 we are not *so* far from each other as I live and work in the south of Seine et Marne :-)

Really looking forward to get to speak to you all, and thanks again :-)
morvgal58

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
We are practically neighbours, Julie! Sorry to hear of your back problems and hope you will soon be better - take it easy. Sean-watching is a great way to recover. I just came out of a week in hospital (in Autun) and needed an immediate 'transfusion' of Extremely Dangerous followed by Accused - aaahh, much better now!
Shieldmaiden
Bean Teen

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
...... Julie!

Sorry I'm late with my greeting. I hope you're enjoying yourself on the site.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just saw this post...Welcome Julie and enjoy your time discovering Sean. There is so much to explore Very Happy

Thanks Pudge for the beautiful signature I 'stole' from your gallery
Julie
Bean Adolescent

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you both. Being part of this forum has definitely been enjoyable so far Very Happy
MysteryRose
Been Adult

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hello :-) Reply with quote
Julie wrote:
In the mail today I also happened to find the Sharpe boxset I had ordered and I'm really looking forward to watching it (being French, I expect the Napoleonian Wars from the English POV to be very interesting!)

Hi Julie,

I'm new myself, but nice to meet you! Bienvenue :-)
I have a lot of French friends, but the series of Sharpe are not well known in France, right? I would love to hear what you think of Sharpe!
Julie
Bean Adolescent

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi! And thanks!
No Sharpe is not well-known at all over here (good known why Rolling Eyes Laughing )
I'm really looking forward to watching the series, can't wait to see how the French are pictured (I suspect it will not be very flattering lol), and to see the British point of view as well - I'm sure I'll get to learn a lot of things that were not in our History books at school Wink
MysteryRose
Been Adult

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think the French are pictured very negatively in Sharpe. But maybe you would feel it differently. Wink
Julie
Bean Adolescent

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope there will be at least a couple of cutting remarks, I sort of like it when we're made fun of Laughing
MysteryRose
Been Adult

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Julie wrote:
I hope there will be at least a couple of cutting remarks, I sort of like it when we're made fun of Laughing

Oh yes, there a definitely some cutting remarks! Laughing
MysteryRose
Been Adult

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And you'll probably laugh at some so-called Frenchmen, talking 'real' French... supposedly Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: