Back to the index page

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Indian Summer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> IN THE PIPELINE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loucifer67
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kizzy wrote:
Since we can no longer expect the TMB website to be kept updated - for obvious reasons - I think it's a VERY silly question to ask if more than one is interested in a 'pipeline' thread Laughing
I certainly am for one....

Kizzy

Actually there's no such thing as a silly question when it comes to SEAN
Smile
Lou
x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kizzy wrote:
Since we can no longer expect the TMB website to be kept updated - for obvious reasons - I think it's a VERY silly question to ask if more than one is interested in a 'pipeline' thread Laughing
I certainly am for one....

Kizzy

O.K., call me silly then.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Kizzy
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I stand corrected Laughing

Kizzy

Banner courtesy of Astrid, pictures due to Pudge
Toastie
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The project "Indian Summer" has now appeared on IMDb : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2267382/combined

There is a link to the official website which talks about filming supposedly due to take place last year so don't know how up to date it is.

http://www.indiansummerfilm.com/

IMDb lists Kevin McKidd as a voice in it. Both he and the female lead are Scottish. Wonder if Sean's character is supposed to be. Anyway, hope it gets itself together as it sounds a lovely story and a bit different.

Very Happy
Sidney
Bean Teen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is great news! So it looks like Sean will play the "embittered" Uncle and sport a new accent.
Beany
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the website it says about the story:

>>Itís 1967, ĎThe Summer of Loveí, but swinging London is far, far away. Weíre in the starkly beautiful landscape of the Scottish Highlands, on a remote sheep-farm, where 11 year old Dean OíDonal is sent to live with his lonely Aunt Fay and his dour Uncle John, after his parents are killed in a car accident.

Life on the farm is a bit of a shock for Dean. It may be 1967, but out in the sticks, it might as well be 1927. The farmhouse is spartan - thereís no TV, just a wind-up gramophone and a Bakelite radio - so Dean creates a vivid fantasy world for himself of feuding Cowboys and Indians and gunfights at the OK Corral.

But life isnít all fun and games. Uncle John rules the roost like an Old Testament prophet, forever quoting scripture at Dean like a threat, or sniping at his dead parents. Fay tries to stick up for the boy, but itís as if her spirit has been ground down by the unrelenting weight of her husbandís self-righteousness. A striking woman in her late 30s, trapped in what seems a loveless marriage, sheís in danger of growing old before her time.

Crashing into this lonely world, at the wheel of a big red Chevrolet, comes a mysterious, exotic stranger. Tall, lean and handsome, in Stetson, blue jeans and cowboys boots, heís like Deanís fantasy made flesh. He says his name is Wez McKendrick, a U.S. Marine Sergeant on leave from his Air Base down South. But behind his easy smile, thereís more to him than meets the eye.

Dean doesnít know it yet, but Wez isnít just a U.S. Marine, heís a Native American Indian;†a full-blood Lakota Sioux from Pine Ridge Reservation, South Dakota, who can trace his ancestors back to Crazy Horse†and Sitting Bull... or so he says. Wez is full of tall tales, but Fay and Dean canít help falling under his spell. He even manages to seduce Uncle John, who reluctantly takes Wez on as a hired-hand.

So begins the happiest, saddest summer of Deanís life - an Indian Summer, touched by romance and magic, laughter, tears and the power of Nature - a summer that will change Dean, Uncle John, and most of all Fay, forever.<<

Sean as Uncle John - sounds interesting!
morvgal58

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It does sound interesting - if it ever happens. I have heard Sean do a Scottish accent on a CD - not his best accent, but "nay bad".
Editrix
Bean Teen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It will be nice to see Sean play a 20th century character. We know he can do more than wield a broadsword and wear mail. I'm glad his agent is finding something different for him to do instead of the same-old, same-old.
Beany
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm sure -whenever a Scottish accent should be important - no problem for Sean Smile
Leliklena
Lou, the friendly ghost

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think that it could be a very nice film. Unfortunately, nowadays produce little a good and kind movies for the all family.
Masyde
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It does sound interesting and can't wait to hear Sean with a Scottish accent...

Thanks Pudge for the beautiful signature I 'stole' from your gallery
Reanna
Been Adult

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
gmcw wrote:
Kizzy wrote:
You can see them either in 'news' or in 'current projects'.

Govi used to maintain a page on the TMB website for projects in the pipeline, but it is not completely up to date now.

Kizzy

Thanks, Kizzy! I'll be interested in knowing how many "in the pipeline" projects have actually gotten made. Of course, I do not know how many are STILL "in the pipeline" even off that list....

I have done an investigation on that first home page list here on Pipeline on 8 August. Go have a squiz there, you'll be able to see which of the "in the pipeline" movies were done and which fell off Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> IN THE PIPELINE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: