Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

loucifer67
Site Admin

13 Hours

Post by loucifer67 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Reanna
Been Adult

Post by Reanna » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:41 am

I found an article last week which said that Sean signed for 13 hours and all prequels - but other than that no further progress...
loucifer67
Site Admin

Post by loucifer67 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Deon Meyer is at the Edinburgh Book Festival and I just found this tweet
“@caroleagent: Woo hoo - @MeyerDeon says Sean Bean tied to some of his novels' film productions! #edbookfest”

So still some hope
Lou
X
noiram73
Bean Mistress

Post by noiram73 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:00 pm

This would be great!
Thanks to Isabel and Govi for my avatar.
gmcw
Bean VIP

Post by gmcw » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 am

noiram73 wrote:This would be great!
I agree! It would be VERY great!!
mjcd1951
Bean VIP

Post by mjcd1951 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:26 pm

I think Bennie Griesel would be the perfect part for Sean to play. I loved all three of the Deon Meyer books--Devil's Peak, 13 Hours and Seven Days.

JOY :-D :-D :-D

Sigpic made by Govi
Way2prickly
Bean VIP

Post by Way2prickly » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:23 pm

loucifer67 wrote:Deon Meyer is at the Edinburgh Book Festival and I just found this tweet
“@caroleagent: Woo hoo - @MeyerDeon says Sean Bean tied to some of his novels' film productions! #edbookfest”

So still some hope
Lou
X
Yes! yes! Yes! :runaround: :runaround:
marniemckay
Bean Mistress

Post by marniemckay » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Way2prickly wrote:
loucifer67 wrote:Deon Meyer is at the Edinburgh Book Festival and I just found this tweet

So still some hope
Lou
X
Yes! yes! Yes! :runaround: :runaround:
I ditto :agree: I have prayed for Sean to do this role since reading all the Meyer books! So hoping for this project to become a reality. Sean is Bennie !
Marnie :cheer:
Special Thanks to Govi for the fabulous sigpic
Reanna
Been Adult

Post by Reanna » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:42 pm

Hmm that's all fair and well... we know Sean has signed for film productions of the books, but so far talk seems to be all they're doing. Funding problems perhaps ?? Deon Meyer doesn't live far from me and he must be feeling the economic crunch so I won't be surprised if that is what the hold up is.
It is very cheap for overseas films studios to come to SA and shoot films here, but it extremely expensive for S.Africans to make a film in their own country ( Death Race 2 / Bravo Two Zero / Lost Future were all made here)

Here's hoping :shots:
Reanna
Been Adult

Post by Reanna » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:22 pm

I have been following Deon Meyer on Twitter for a while now specifically to ask him about the Devils Peak / 13 hour Trilogy. I sent him a Tweet yesterday and to my surprise I actually got a reply from him.

I sent the message in Afrikaans so i'll translate. (Sorry don't know how to attach a twitter URL/thing here)
I asked him :
Do you still intend making a movie of the Devils Peak /13hrs / 7days Trilogy He replied :
No, I sold the film rights to foreign film company's

Well, this is possibly why this project has ground to a halt now and doesn't sound to promising. I told him its a pity because Sean Bean fans and admirers of his books have eagerly been waiting for news on it.

(For keen readers... he tweeted that he just finished writing "Kobra' 2 days ago, which is the follow up of 7 days)
Editrix
Bean Teen

What

Post by Editrix » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Besides getting funding, a script also has to be written. I just checked IMDB and Devil's Peak isn't listed; not even in pre-production. Legends is listed as a tv movie. What happened to the series???????
Toastie
Bean VIP

Post by Toastie » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Thank you so much Reanna for following this up and well done for getting an answer. I suppose he could have meant that he personally wasn't going to be involved which he seems to have been on recent SA films of his stories. The two production companies that were originally named tell different stories. The Little Film Company seems unsure whether it is still on its books but Tomori films still have it in pre-production as three tv films.

http://www.tomorifilms.com/#/films/4517141700

They could count as foreign being based in London and LA.

Not looking very good though, is it?

:cry:
Reanna
Been Adult

Post by Reanna » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:59 pm

Yes, Toastie I agree not looking promising. The trilogy had SO much potential and everybody wanted movies from the books... money talks I suppose :cry:
mjcd1951
Bean VIP

Post by mjcd1951 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Kobra is the next book from Deon Meyer in the Bennie Griessel set? Interesting. JOY :-D :-D :-D

Sigpic made by Govi
marniemckay
Bean Mistress

Post by marniemckay » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:29 pm

I do not know how to digest this news....as I have been one that has so wanted to see the Deon Meyer Devils Peak trilogy come to life with Sean as Bennie Griessel :cry: Other than the sadness I feel and the disappointment it is this production's loss not to get on board with this fine mystery/crime series! And we all know that Sean is the perfect actor to portray This Bennie who is a great fictional character to come along in some time.
Just wish to thank Reanna for contacting Deon Meyer...and sharing what he repled to her!
Thank you Reanna...Marnie
Special Thanks to Govi for the fabulous sigpic