Back to the index page

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
The Mighty Bean Website
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> PLEASE READ: News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morvgal58

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lou the new look on the website is great. But dare I say, in some instances the 'white on grey' is very difficult to read. Also I could not scroll all the way down the contents list - it disappeared if I tried to key the down arrow. It may just be my computer, I 'm not sure, but I thought it might help to tell you.
loucifer67
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OicorZ wrote:
Lou, it is possible donate in Euros or better in Dollars??

Wink

Dew

It does not matter which you choose as I will convert in to UK Pounds
So feel free to donate in what ever way you choose
Just the fact your thinking of making a donation is reward enough
Thank you

Lou
x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
morvgal58 wrote:
Lou the new look on the website is great. But dare I say, in some instances the 'white on grey' is very difficult to read. Also I could not scroll all the way down the contents list - it disappeared if I tried to key the down arrow. It may just be my computer, I 'm not sure, but I thought it might help to tell you.

Hi Morv

I'm in the process of adapting all the content to be Blue on Grey and then you should be able to see it. Unfortunately the old text doesn't allow me to format it so I have go through each paragraph and retype it

As for the menu rather than use buttons hover your mouse over the list and use the scroll button on it to go up and down - you may get the whole list then.

Lou
x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, hun, I'll try that.
noiram73
Bean Mistress

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you, Lou, for your work. Even if I didn't write a lot recently I would like to support this wonderful place. Hope it helps!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
noiram73 wrote:
Thank you, Lou, for your work. Even if I didn't write a lot recently I would like to support this wonderful place. Hope it helps!

Thanks hun, all support is welcome

Were not to far off reaching target now and we have 8 more weeks to raise the remaining $100 so thanks to all who have contributed so far

Lou
x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like the new format, despite having a devil of a time finding the Forum. I have now bookmarked it which should solve that problem.

I will be making a donation to the site as well.

Sorry I haven't been on much.

Aj

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Donation made via Paypal under my actual name (Arlene J Ahrens) I hope you received it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shieldmaiden wrote:
Donation made via Paypal under my actual name (Arlene J Ahrens) I hope you received it.

I sure did hun
Gave you a mention on the website - many thanks
Lou
x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Remember to let us know if you need more money Wink

Kizzy

Banner courtesy of Astrid, pictures due to Pudge
loucifer67
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will ladies don't worry
Lou
X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shieldmaiden wrote:
I like the new format, despite having a devil of a time finding the Forum. I have now bookmarked it which should solve that problem.

I will be making a donation to the site as well.

Sorry I haven't been on much.

Aj

Lou, I have to admit I share Arlene's difficulty - if I go to the website, the 'contents' list only stays for a few seconds, not long enough to read through to find the Forum. (And as it is white on pale blue, it is difficult to read) Also, if I hover the mouse over the list. again it disappears after a few seconds, not enough time to find and click on the forum. The only way I can get access is either by entering via the e.mail I received from you of a private message, or scrolling to the Google option for Forum and clicking on that. I hesitate to say it, as I know I am fairly technologically incompetent, but if others have the same problem, could this be why we have had few new members recently? Has anyone else experienced difficulties, or is it just me and Shieldmaiden?
Kizzy
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hate to criticize the work you've put into the updated Mighty Bean website. It is a beautiful redesign you've done.

BUt I have to agree with Morvgal and Shieldmaiden.
You need to ensure much greater contrast between text and background - and that holds true for all the pages. I was just tryiing to browse the filmography, but I can't see the titles properly.

I AM an IT nerd, and I've done website design too. It is one of the ground rules: You must ensure maximum contrast between text and background - otherwise screens with weak contrast won't show the text properly, and people with weak eyesight, etc. just can't read what's on the page. My eyes aren't getting any younger, and I certainly need more contrast to read the text properly. And you need to let the text stand a bit longer when letting the cursor hover over it. We get more heavy handed as we get older too, and need a bit longer to catch everything.

Please don't take this the wrong way. Apart from this one thing you've done a really beautiful job with the website.

Kizzy

Banner courtesy of Astrid, pictures due to Pudge
loucifer67
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Ladies

I take your points well
Unfortunately the webs site has limited accessibility on the templates and I've tried to change the contrast. I'll keep working on it and might have to pick another template that lists all the pages (as I prefer) as I quite agree with the hover problem

Watch this space

Lou
x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you, Lou - these 'tweeks' have helped a lot. I managed to get into the Forum easily to-day and it was much easier to "roam" . I agree with Kizzy, PLEASE don't take any of my comments as criticism - we all know how hard you work for our enjoyment on such a limited "time budget", in fact I don't know how you fit it all in....do you eat properly....get enough sleep......look after Sean's house and dig his garden while he is away......read War and Peace etc etc. Seriously, the new website looks great, and I am sure everyone loved the Easter banners - especially the one of Sean with bunny ears. You, my love, are an ace National Treasure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> PLEASE READ: News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: