A Beautiful Day

A place to tell us your stories about Mooms and pay your respects

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

loucifer67
Site Admin

A Beautiful Day

Post by loucifer67 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Dear All

I have literally just got back in through the door from Moom's funeral but felt that you would like to hear what a wonderful send off Jeanne got.

I met up with Lotte and we drove in together in the beautiful sunshine. It was as if Carol and Jeanne had ordered it especially. At the cemetery we met up with Donnadoobie who had taken 3 trains to get in to London.

Imagine our surprise when as we filed to go into the chapel we were approached by Leila Chatterley who had flown in from Norway for the send off.

The service was beautiful. we filed into the sounds of Elgar's Enigma Variations and the service was more of a humanist ceremony. The gentleman doing the service talked about Jeanne's life and how she brightened the lives of everybody who knew her. He talked of how Jeanne and Dave met at University and how they married the day after they graduated. That they had had a long and happy marriage and how the family was strong and loved each other.

He made us laugh by talking about "The elephant in the room" and the fact that there were actually 3 people in their marriage. Jeanne, Dave and of course Viggo. He also spoke of how much Jeanne liked to write and how she had a story printed in SHE magazine. Lotte mentioned later that if he had known what type of stories Jeanne and Carol had liked to write he might not have said it with such a straight face, which made us laugh.

He talked of her friendship with Carol and how by chance her funeral was taking place today as well. Dave was sobbing through most of the ceremony as was I I'm afraid. Helen his daughter was sat next to him and comforted him. Cath and Nina were there with the twins and they behaved impeccably throughout.

We then had a song - Beautiful Day by Elbow - to listen to and reflect on our thoughts of Jeanne. I couldn't help thinking what an amazing song and so apt for the day as I gazed out through the windows of the chapel and saw the autumn leaves on the trees wavering in the brilliant sunshine. Yes it was a beautiful day

As the service came to an end we listened to Annie Lennox - Into the West (from ROTK) and as we filed out we spied a picture of Sean and Viggo taken at TIFF several years ago. We said our goodbyes and went out into the sunshine again. Helen has since said this picture was placed inside the coffin with Jeanne for her to take with her

We talked outside and exchanged stories about Jeanne with her old friends from Obsession. Then we drove to Hainault Golf Course for the wake.

Dave was very pleased to see us all and thanked us for coming. Nina and Cath were so pleased we had had time to come as well. I spoke to Helen and said I would print off all your memorium messages and send them to her as she and the family wanted to make a book up of people's thoughts and best wishes. I think I will include all the Birthday wishes also as it seems appropriate.

Then unfortunately it was time for us to depart as I had to get Lotte home for her children's school parents evening. I drove Leila and Donna to the station and we said our goodbyes.

It was a beautiful send off and Jeanne would have been proud
I'm sorry I can't write much more, suffice to say I will miss our Moom's and Carol very much

Here is the picture the family chose to send Jeanne off with

Lou
x
Terry
Cold shower didn´t help!

Post by Terry » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:09 am

Thanks, Lou. abighugs_gif. I was wondering how it went, and kept you all in my thoughts today. I'm happy that a lot of her friends were there to send her off in style.
It's so funny, about the Elbow song, because I downloaded that album earlier this year just so I could familiarize myself with their music when I thought I was going to be hanging out with Jeanne and Dave in August.
ImageImage
southernbelle
Sharpe's Lass

Post by southernbelle » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:19 am

Thank you for sharing the day with us, Lou. It sounds like a beautiful send off. We will miss Jeanne and Carol :cry:
Masyde
Bean Mistress

Post by Masyde » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:34 am

Thank you for sharing. It's feeling a little bit like I was there also....thank you very much!
Thanks to Isabel for my Blade avatar!
Thanks Pudge for the beautiful signature I 'stole' from your gallery
Donnadoobie
Bean VIP

Post by Donnadoobie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:30 am

I have nothing else to add Lou. It was a beautiful service and very well attended"
Avatar thanks to Isabel's Gallery
Beany
Bean Mistress

Post by Beany » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:41 am

Thansks for letting us read this, Lou.
Tanserke
Bean Mistress

Post by Tanserke » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:45 am

Thank you for your words, we have thougts for our Jeanne yesterday .
Je souhaite beaucoup de courage à toute sa famille, c'était une Grande Dame .
noiram73
Bean Mistress

Post by noiram73 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:07 am

Thank you, Lou, for sharing those moments with us! :grouphug:
Thanks to Isabel and Govi for my avatar.
Moominmamma
Viggo's Celestial Angel No 1

Post by Moominmamma » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Thanks Lou

Yes, it was a difficult but beautiful day and lovely to see so many people turn out and travel quite some distance. We were very proud with how the day went and felt she would have very much approved. Shame Viggo couldn't make it but he was just far too upset ;-)
Thanks you all so much for your kind words and thoughts - it's been nice to be able to talk to you all and I can see why you all played such a big part in mum's life.

Thanks and much love
Cath, Dave and Helen xxx
Lotte
Bean VIP

Post by Lotte » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Thank you, Lou, for your wonderful write up of a very sad but lovely day. It was so good to be able to go and say a final goodbye to Jeanne. It was great to see Dave and all the family too. The twins were adorable - I've never met them before but I feel like I know them from having seen all Jeanne's photos of them!

Thinking of Jeanne and Carol a lot today: how much joy they brought us and how terribly we will miss them both.

Lovely sig pic by the lovely Carol
morvgal58

Post by morvgal58 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Lou, thank you so much for sharing the day with us.
Pudge
PhD with Honours in Bean Studies (Pics)

Post by Pudge » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Thank you lou! What a well written synopsis of the day. I too felt like I was there. Sounded like a beautiful sendoff for a very special lady. I'm sure she would have been so pleased, especially seeing friends attending. This little passage you wrote has helped start the healing process for so many of us who could only be there in spirit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[center]Image
[/center]
hmmsharpe
Bean Mistress

Post by hmmsharpe » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Lou,
I want to add my thank you also for letting us know how the day went.
It is so sad to have lost both Mooms and Govi in the same month. My thoughts and prayers go out to each family.

Thanks to Govi for icon and banner.
Way2prickly
Bean VIP

Post by Way2prickly » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Thank you all for sharing. :grouphug:
Brandy
Bean Mistress

Post by Brandy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:05 am

Thank you for this wonderful report, Lou.
I would have come as well but I couldn't take off from work.