Back to the index page

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Greetings from Australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kalypsobean
Bean Baby

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Greetings from Australia Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I'm Kalli, here from Adelaide, Australia, where we do have kangaroos in the road but not drop bears since they are actually a myth someone made up to scare people into being careful around the actually dangerous animals.

My favourite of Sean's movies is The Hitcher. I write fic and make caps.

I look forward to meeting everyone!
Brenna
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XxX

Location: my body in Munich - my thoughts in Sheffield - my heart...always with Sean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Kalli,
welcome and have lots of fun and a great time here!

morvgal58

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome Kalli. I hope you have a lot of fun here. What is a "drop bear" - I have not heard of this animal?
kalypsobean
Bean Baby

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

morvgal58 wrote:
Welcome Kalli. I hope you have a lot of fun here. What is a "drop bear" - I have not heard of this animal?

A drop bear is a fairy tale some more nasty Australians tell to frighten non-Australians.

Most people have heard of koalas, which are the furry grey cute bear-like marsupials with fluffy white ears, like Blinky Bill. Well, a drop bear is meant to be a koala with fangs that will jump on you if you walk under it, and you're supposed to put Vegemite behind your ears to deter it. It is an urban legend designed to make tourists a) look silly and b) be careful about native vegetation and animals, some of which is actually deadly but looks cute.

I'm sure Our Sean would be able to fight one off, but most damage koalas do is scratching people who try to hold them, and getting scared in populated areas if they go looking for food. We actually have nets over dividers on our highways so that koalas can cross the road. ;)
morvgal58

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow! I wish I could go to Australia! In the U.K., they have special crossings for hedgehogs.
mjcd1951
Bean VIP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greetings from Missouri in USA. Welcome to the group! mjcd1951 JOY

Sigpic made by Govi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bean Forum Index -> WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: