Greetings from Australia

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

kalypsobean
Bean Baby

Greetings from Australia

Post by kalypsobean » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:29 am

Hi everyone! I'm Kalli, here from Adelaide, Australia, where we do have kangaroos in the road but not drop bears since they are actually a myth someone made up to scare people into being careful around the actually dangerous animals.

My favourite of Sean's movies is The Hitcher. I write fic and make caps.

I look forward to meeting everyone!
Brenna
Bean VIP

Post by Brenna » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:42 am

:welcome:
XxX
*Live Your Dreams*
SeansRose
Location: my body in Munich - my thoughts in Sheffield - my heart...always with Sean

Post by SeansRose » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:46 am

Hi Kalli,
welcome and have lots of fun and a great time here!
:welcome:
"...I´m still Sean that me mates went to school with, not Sean the film star. And that´s the way I prefer to be..."
-Sean Bean-

morvgal58

Post by morvgal58 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Welcome Kalli. I hope you have a lot of fun here. What is a "drop bear" - I have not heard of this animal?
kalypsobean
Bean Baby

Post by kalypsobean » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:39 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!
morvgal58 wrote:Welcome Kalli. I hope you have a lot of fun here. What is a "drop bear" - I have not heard of this animal?
A drop bear is a fairy tale some more nasty Australians tell to frighten non-Australians.

Most people have heard of koalas, which are the furry grey cute bear-like marsupials with fluffy white ears, like Blinky Bill. Well, a drop bear is meant to be a koala with fangs that will jump on you if you walk under it, and you're supposed to put Vegemite behind your ears to deter it. It is an urban legend designed to make tourists a) look silly and b) be careful about native vegetation and animals, some of which is actually deadly but looks cute.

I'm sure Our Sean would be able to fight one off, but most damage koalas do is scratching people who try to hold them, and getting scared in populated areas if they go looking for food. We actually have nets over dividers on our highways so that koalas can cross the road. ;)
morvgal58

Post by morvgal58 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:49 pm

Wow! I wish I could go to Australia! In the U.K., they have special crossings for hedgehogs.
mjcd1951
Bean VIP

Post by mjcd1951 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:14 am

Greetings from Missouri in USA. Welcome to the group! mjcd1951 JOY

Sigpic made by Govi