Sir John Hurt

Discuss non-Sean movies !

Moderators: morvgal58, SeansRose, Brenna, Janice, loucifer67

morvgal58

Sir John Hurt

Post by morvgal58 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Sad to hear to-day of the death of that great actor John Hurt. He played numerous wonderful roles, but his two films with Sean stand out for me. His cynical journalist in "Windprints" helped make sense of that baffling film and as for his crafty "simpleton" in "The Field" - Wow! what acting. He always said this was one of his favourite films, and I can imagine he and Richard Harris having a great time, leading the young Sean astray in those fabulous Irish pubs. Lovely fellah - he will be greatly missed.
SeansRose
Location: my body in Munich - my thoughts in Sheffield - my heart...always with Sean

Post by SeansRose » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Miss him too :cry:
In "Sean Bean - The Biography" it is mentioned that John Hurt has been Sean´s biggest inspiration and that he had taught him a valuable lesson in the need to adopt a disciplined way of working.
"...I´m still Sean that me mates went to school with, not Sean the film star. And that´s the way I prefer to be..."
-Sean Bean-

Brenna
Bean VIP

Post by Brenna » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:59 pm

A great actor gone with the passing of John Hurt...
I downloaded 'the Elephant man' yesterday evening to re-watch.. and felt so weird when I read he passed away this morning..
But never a better moment to watch this legend..
*Live Your Dreams*